Bugs that really bug you!

Jirato
DEV

Bugs that really bug you!

Post by Jirato »

With over 2500 bug reports, sifting through them can be difficult sometimes. So I'd like to give everyone the chance to bring their most annoying bug to my attention. If you could name one (and only one) bug, that really gets under your skin and bugs you, what would it be?

(Please make sure you've submitted it, and reference the Bug ID if you can, which can be found via the bugcheck command.)
Last edited by Jirato on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sneaky

Re: Bugs that really bug you!

Post by Sneaky »

Bug ID: 9574 (Open) Submitted on 07-20-2014 23:41
Bug Info: There's something odd going on with gather, gathering hurled seems to be gathering other people's fired arrows. Maybe the hurl command is checking for anything that isn't fired by you and stowing that away as hurled, probably just needs to have another check to make sure it's not someone else's fired ammo/hurled item.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I worked on that one a little the other day, Sneaky. I'll work on it more today and possibly contact you IG for further details/clarifications.
The lore compels me!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Rias wrote:I worked on that one a little the other day, Sneaky. I'll work on it more today and possibly contact you IG for further details/clarifications.
Yeah, the code looks pretty solid. Lets try to reproduce the problem.
clayton

Post by clayton »

It really annoys me when a member of a group gets separated, you realize this, and go back for them, only to discover they've caught up with you and you never saw them walk or ride into the room you were waiting for them.
I would think there'd be text to the affect of 'so and so has rejoined your group', but there's simply nothing. Unless you typed 'group', or happen to be in touch with them in some way outside the game environment, you'd never know they were back with you. It's really frustrating.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

clayton wrote:It really annoys me when a member of a group gets separated, you realize this, and go back for them, only to discover they've caught up with you and you never saw them walk or ride into the room you were waiting for them.
I would think there'd be text to the affect of 'so and so has rejoined your group', but there's simply nothing. Unless you typed 'group', or happen to be in touch with them in some way outside the game environment, you'd never know they were back with you. It's really frustrating.
So you're saying that when you leave a room as a group leader and someone is unable to follow you, when they manually follow, you don't see any arrival messaging?

Example:

Fred is leading a group with Bob and Sarah.
Fred goes north.
Fred sees that Sarah followed, but Bob was unable to follow.
Bob goes north.
Fred does not see Bob arrive in the room.

Is that what you're saying?
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Group re-join arrival messages should be fixed. Please report any oddities.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I think you guys are going to hate me for this one...

Bug ID: 9463 (Open) Submitted on 06-25-2014 17:32

Thanks in advance! :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Charge bug is still broken as of 5 mins ago :(

(energy -4)
You urge your hulking pale gray warhorse into charging toward a sweaty dark-haired bandit!
You slash with a masterfully-forged iron voulge etched along the blade with tribal runes at a sweaty dark-haired bandit! (M:****vs D:350 P:1840 P:825)
78 slash damage - to the abdomen, partially deflected by a tightly-strapped dark leather cuirass worn over a padded linen gambeson.
(energy -6)
Roundtime: 5 seconds.

(energy -10)
charge
Wait 3 seconds.

Queuing following command: charge
(You may clear your command queue at any time)

EMEngBdGr>
You urge your hulking pale gray warhorse into charging toward a sweaty dark-haired bandit!
Attack what?

(energy -10)
charge
Attack what?

(energy -10)
EMEngBdGr>
A sweaty dark-haired bandit springs from hiding to attack!
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Bug 9089: I do not gain melee or weapon skill from successful attacks made if my warhorse attacks that same round. Nor am I getting riding gains, which seem agonizingly slow in general.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

jilliana wrote:I think you guys are going to hate me for this one...

Bug ID: 9463 (Open) Submitted on 06-25-2014 17:32

Thanks in advance! :)
This has been verified to not be a bug. You should have alternatives available to you. I'm leaving this vague intentionally since you didn't mention any details. Talk to me in-game or PM me if you want to discuss further.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I'm going to revisit 9463 (Jilliana) later this week and see if we can find a compromise.

Duplicate energy costs for charging and energy costs when not finding a valid target have been fixed. You should also not be able to identify the charge target by name when it is hiding anymore.

Looking into skill gain stuff now.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Bug ID: 9602 (Open) Submitted on 07-27-2014 21:56

When you purchase a permit for Shadgard's workyard, you are unable to forge any items there. Repairing, however, works fine.

I wouldn't post it here with the exception that I've seen two or three other people menschen it in some form or another.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

merin wrote:Bug ID: 9602 (Open) Submitted on 07-27-2014 21:56

When you purchase a permit for Shadgard's workyard, you are unable to forge any items there. Repairing, however, works fine.

I wouldn't post it here with the exception that I've seen two or three other people menschen it in some form or another.
Fixed! Sorry about that. Was a simple thing, same issue we ran into Haiban, where their permit areas are more than one room.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Jirato wrote:With over 2500 bug reports, sifting through them can be difficult sometimes. So I'd like to give everyone the chance to bring their most annoying bug to my attention. If you could name one (and only one) bug, that really gets under your skin and bugs you, what would it be?

(Please make sure you've submitted it, and reference the Bug ID if you can, which can be found via the bugcheck command.)
I've sure I posted a horse leading bug report long ago, but it seems I can use bugcheck to only go back 50 bug reports. Maybe it would be better if we could go back 100 bug reports.

The bugs that bug me most pertain to leading mounts. Mounts that detach from you when pulling a wagon, so you have to go back, lead them again, then walk forward. I seem to recall if I had a horse following me, and a slow person following me, alone each would slow me down by one second, but together it cumulated to a 2 second delay per room moved.

I do have one variation on this 'leading' problem I can recall with bugcheck:

-------------------------------------
Bug ID: 9491 (Open) Submitted on 06-30-2014 02:14
Bug Info: I am riding a horse pulling a wagon, travel time 7 seconds. I have an unladen warhorse following me. My travel time is senselessly increased by 1 second with the message, "(You slow down in order to not leave any group members behind.)"

-------------------------------------
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Bug ID: 9644 (Open) Submitted on 08-10-2014 11:05
Bug Info: When a Sun Disc defeated an imp, the text indicated it ricocheted to the second imp in the room, but no damage was dealt.
While I am not especially annoyed by the bug, Sun Disc ricocheting appears to behave strangely in various cases that I have not been able to pin down. Occasionally it will ricochet but do no damage, while other times it will not ricochet at all despite multiple nethrim being in the room. I have not been able to identify any particular pattern or situation, unfortunately.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Hey guys!

I bugged this a few days back and a newbie artisan just fell into the I just wasted fifty riln trap...so thought I'd post it here.

If my methods of getting things to your attention are annoying and or not the right way of going about it, let me know so I can get it right!

Bug ID: 9637 (Open) Submitted on 08-09-2014 11:25
Bug Info: Right. Now the bellows is broken. I can't pull the bellows in the Shadgard workyard.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

The bellows has completed its vacation in the Parr Isles and is now back to working hard in the Shadgard workyard.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Bug Reports”