Katar not flagged to put in a sheath, or to hamstring with

Lemuel

Katar not flagged to put in a sheath, or to hamstring with

Post by Lemuel »

Here is a picture and description of the punch-dagger called the Katar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katara_(dagger)

The RP trouble I am having is that I cannot slide it into a sheath, as I should be able to, nor if I attempt a hamstring, what I get is

You will need to be holding using a bladed weapon if you plan to attempt to hamstring a ...

Could this be changed so I can do both?
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Note that the message I get "You will need to be holding using a bladed weapon if you plan to attempt to hamstring a ..." is a typo bug in and of itself.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

There are currently no sheaths available for katars, unfortunately...
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

wait, can't you just slide it into a dagger sheath? I think it's the same width at it's widest point.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

[quote=hadesfire]wait, can't you just slide it into a dagger sheath? I think it's the same width at it's widest point.[/quote]

No, it will not currently slide into a sheath in-game. That's my original point, that the blade is the same as a dagger's, it just the handle that differs. So I am requesting that it be coded so that a katar will fit into a dagger sheath of any kind.

Landion

Post by Landion »

I updated katars to work with dagger bandolier type containers yesterday. This was an oversight on my part, I believe, since I was the one to add katars to the game.

Katar handles/hilts are slightly more bulky than a standard dagger hilt, but I do agree that the blades are roughly similar, unless you're dealing with a split-katar.

Having them work with bandoliers seems reasonable to me.
Last edited by Landion on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Yesterday?! I have been keeping a katar in my bandolier for over a week now. Someone (perhaps it's me) is missing the point.

I was really hoping to be able to slip a katar in and out of my character's ankle sheath or wrist sheath.
Last edited by Lemuel on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

And Landion, how about flagging them so hamstring is possible with them? Currently, they do have a slash as well as a thrust mode of attack.
Last edited by Lemuel on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bug Reports”