Channeling

Gad

Channeling

Post by Gad »

Channeling is still not increasing when channeling magic. Has the mechanic to skill it up changed?
Stop holding my character hostage.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

It's under evaluation, after seeing people skill up by channeling and lying down for hours.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Will you share musing of what channeling will be now used for, as in what calculations. Will it help maintain channels when hit? Will it lessen how much energy a single cast costs, up to half, rounding up(I hope)?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

While we're on the topic, did you (by chance) make it easier to hold channels? I've heard a few complaints about being unable to keep even one up when in armor as an Utasa, but in several pieces of leather, I've had no problem.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Channeling will only have a small, if any, impact on energy costs (including the cost of maintaining channels, which is itself a large portion of spell energy costs), since energy costs are the main balance to spell power.

There haven't been changes to chances to lose channels, except for the addition of loss chances for the new rigid armor type.
The lore compels me!
River

Post by River »

ok I see where you are coming from but I feel like it went from one extreme to the other. There's no way I'm getting tired that fast.
---Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Vitello

Post by Vitello »

As it sounds channeling does very little. If it's half useless why does it matter so much if people are using odd means to boost it? Perhaps laying down is going to far but why not have some sort of 'training meditation' to specifically practice channeling ability?
Vitello - Ton - Shirinya - Alwaren
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

It wasn't useless at all beforehand. Before it was being tweaked, it gave you a chance every time a channeling cost would occur to not have to pay it, based on your channeling skill.

IE, if you had a high enough skill in channeling, you could channel indefinitely.

Now it doesn't really do anything except act as a pre-req for other abilities.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

[quote=Vitello]but why not have some sort of 'training meditation' to specifically practice channeling ability?[/quote]
This is pretty much how I train channeling.
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Tri channeling the elements for hours, even constantly casting then for 45 minutes without getting winded... those were the days. *sits back in a rocking chair and begins puffing lightly on a pipe*
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

So has channeling been fixed and balanced? Or does the channeling skill still no longer matter?
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
Winston Zeddmore
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Channeling skill is only for prerequisites for now.

Return to “Bug Reports”