TWO WEAPON COMBAT BUG

Sneaky

TWO WEAPON COMBAT BUG

Post by Sneaky »

So, this is an interesting bug I came across today. I was wanting to fight with my dagger and have a sword in my off hand to see how well it worked. So I chose a cutlace and put it in my left hand and my stiletto in my right.
I bugged it already, but I thought it might catch the gm's attention more if I posted it here so it could get fixed faster etc.
You are holding a flawless steel stiletto in your right hand and a bronze cutlass in your left hand.
stiletto (+*****) (!) 30 pierce damage (chest [armor-chink])
stiletto (+*****) (!) 54 hack damage - (chest, cuirass)

It seems to switch the damage delt between the weapons or something, I'm not sure exactly why, but my guess would be that the two weapon combat thinks that the full size weapon will always be in the right hand or something. Anyway, as you see, it causes the stiletto to have access to a far higher damage pool, as well as using the same roll for daggers instead of using the roll for swords.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Kiyaani

Re: TWO WEAPON COMBAT BUG

Post by Kiyaani »

Also, why does it show hack damage for the stiletto? Or am I reading that wrong...
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Yeah, like I said, it's giving the damage type and damage roll to the stiletto. Stilettos only do pierce, or are suppose to only do pierce anyway
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Maybe the second attack is using the cutlass, but for whatever reason the name is being overidden by the stiletto?
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

that's what I thought at first, but then I checked the rolls and it's using my dagger rolls. So it's using the dagger skill and the stiletto name, but then using the cutlace's damage.

Return to “Bug Reports”