Misplaced adjective in completion of tanning

Kent

Misplaced adjective in completion of tanning

Post by Kent »

This one is quite long to use the in-game Bug command for, so I'll make a post here.

When a player is in the tannery and completes the tanning phase of leather, this message comes up:
You scrape your skinning knife across the surface of the fine soft leather, the hide now completely dry, leaving you with some soft leather.
What I believe was intended would be like this - with the adjective 'fine' moved:

You scrape your skinning knife across the surface of the soft leather, the hide now completely dry, leaving you with some fine soft leather.

(A similar construct currently appears with rigid leather, the word 'rigid' simply replacing 'soft'.)

With furs it seems a bit more awkward still, with this message:
You scrape your skinning knife across the surface of the average bear fur, the hide now completely dry, leaving you with some natural fur.
And what I believe was originally intended would be more like this:

You scrape your skinning knife across the surface of the pelt, the hide now completely dry, leaving you with some average bear fur.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Bug Reports”