Repair price bug on older crafted items

Kent

Repair price bug on older crafted items

Post by Kent »

There is something with older player-crafted armour and weapons such that, when you take them to a shop, the NPC wants an repair fee elevated perhaps ten to twenty-five times the cost to repair a recently-made corresponding item.

For example, right now I have some masterfully-crafted iron gauntlets bought from Collin's sales cart. I would normally expect to pay about 30 riln to have gauntlets repaired, but the blacksmith is telling me the fee on these particular gauntlets is 812 riln.

Example two, I bought from the same sales cart an exquisite steel stiletto with an iron hilt. The stiletto is in good repair, but has been used a few times and needs to be 'sharpened' a bit by the blacksmith. I would normally pay a fee of about 4 riln to repair a stiletto already in a state of 'good repair', but the blacksmith wants 36 riln for this one.

It appears the items in question were crafted a long time ago, I estimate they were crafted a year or more ago.

May I meet with a GM at your earliest convenience to get these older items 'adjusted', pretty please?
Jaster

Re: Repair price bug on older crafted items

Post by Jaster »

I think it has to do with the level of craftmanship of the item and the materials used. For instance.. my celestium dagger costs an insane amount to repair. So much that I'll never be able to afford it.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

The cost to repair is based on price. Considering that weapons repair automatically still, it's really not a priority to figure out how we want to change it.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Jaster wrote:I think it has to do with the level of craftmanship of the item and the materials used. For instance.. my celestium dagger costs an insane amount to repair. So much that I'll never be able to afford it.
No Jaster, I also have both a Masterfully-forged iron greataxe and iron voulge, they cost about 30 or 40 riln to repair, not the 812 that the iron gauntlets cost to repair.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Rithiel already stated how it's calculated. I thought I stood corrected then.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Rithiel wrote:The cost to repair is based on price. Considering that weapons repair automatically still, it's really not a priority to figure out how we want to change it.
Rithiel, two questions: (1) Which price?

and

(2) Are the gauntlets considered armor, or weapons? Will they auto-repair, or fall apart?

Return to “Bug Reports”