Positioning and Tactics

Blitz

Positioning and Tactics

Post by Blitz »

Two things I noticed that seem odd to me:

1) Creatures attacking you from hiding ALWAYS force you into Engaged position, even if you (a) spotted them but didn't reveal them or (b) passed the hidden Perception roll so as not to suffer any penalty to your defenses. It seems to me that if a 'hidden' attack is as obvious to you as any normal attack would be, you shouldn't just be given a chance to block/parry/dodge it, but to avoid it entirely as well.

2) When you're forced into Engaged position, the Marksman tactics is dropped. The game says that's because it couldn't find a ranged weapon, but holding a flatbow in either my right or left hand didn't make a difference.

I thought I noticed some other oddities related to positioning and tactics, but can't for the life of me remember what they were... If anyone else finds weird stuff, post it here I guess?
Jaster

Re: Positioning and Tactics

Post by Jaster »

I don't recall having the issue with tactics marksman, but then I generally kill things too quickly with my musket while hiding to be pulled to engage. Maybe it's an issue with flatbows?

Return to “Bug Reports”