Some shuffling of shopping

Rias
DEV

Some shuffling of shopping

Post by Rias »

As some have noticed, I've started shuffling around where some buying/selling happens. This spawned from my adding "trophy skins" to various beasts, which are essentially just there to be skinned from beasts at low difficulty and then sold so that combat zones with beasts hopefully won't be as underutilized as a result of ther lack of riln drops. I didn't want these items cluttering up the market, and then I thought it'd be nifty to have them be sold at a tanner/furrier facility instead of the central market. I set up the "furrier" locations (notice the "furrier" flag next to the room name) to be able to purchase and re-sell pelts and leather and such as a sort of specialized mini-market as well as just vendoring the animal trophy items. Combining a market-type shop with a standard shop wouldn't work, so in Shadgard I've relocated the armor and the weapon containers from the tannery to a new "Armory" room in the militia barracks, and also added some weapons and ammo to that new shop as well. Corvus will see a similar relocation of leather goods soon to accommodate their own furrier market in the tannery.

This is an ongoing process and I appreciate everyone's patience (and bug reports) as things get switched over. I'd love to apply this to other things besides pelts/hides stuff at some point, like selling metal at the smithy workyards, cloth at the weaver's workshop, and stuff like that. Sort of like how I felt the invisible room trainers took away a lot of the spirit and flavor of having actual NPC trainers (which have since returned), I feel like having more individual locations for varying types of goods will also feel a little more flavorful than just having the single marketplace. And also avoid some of the pains of having such a massive single marketplace with virtually all goods. The general markets will remain as there are plenty of types of items that don't fit or warrant their own individual mini-markets.
The lore compels me!
artus

Re: Some shuffling of shopping

Post by artus »

I love this change! Do pelts and stuff drain away by the system like goods in the market though?
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yes, the items will still de-stock from these mini-markets over time to avoid the dreaded Item Bloat and to keep them sellable instead of being eternally market-flooded.
The lore compels me!
esthy

Post by esthy »

How do you feel about dyes being available at the dyers cottage?

And, just in case it helps to have this up here -- we'd also discussed having lockpicks be sold at the locksmith shop in a voice chat.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

The Shadgard Locksmith, at least in Cogg, sold lockpicks and wrenches in a variety of materials (At least for the lockpicks). You just needed to have some locksmithing skill for him to sell to you.

Edited to add: Also, +1 for standard color options as a purchasable commodity at the cottage. Your standard primary, secondary, and possibly some tertiary colors only.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Squeak wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:41 pm ...Edited to add: Also, +1 for standard color options as a purchasable commodity at the cottage. Your standard primary, secondary, and possibly some tertiary colors only.
There was a concept that never got added in COGG, which was items sold to the market would affect the chances of colors of that dye appearing on there own. Someone came up with a similar idea, which was efectively that you could sacrifice dye, to make that color commonly available in the public dye vats. I would love to see something like that.

Return to “General Areas”