Bank Vault

Rias
Lore Hermit

Bank Vault

Post by Rias »

You may now STORE items in the bank's secure vault for a one-time fee based on the size and weight of the item. CHECKing in the bank will inform you of how many items you have stored in the vault as well as how much riln you have in your account, and you can CHECK VAULT to see a list of the items you have stored. You can APPRAISE an item while in the bank to check how much the storage fee would be. Use the RETRIEVE verb to retrieve an item from the vault by item number.

All this information is handily written on a sign inside the bank as well.
The lore compels me!
drahkik

Post by drahkik »

I have a problem with the bank. Though the map says that the square with the bank is indeed the bank, and if you type go bank, voila, you are in the bank, but in the description no where does it indicate that there is a bank in that area. Here is the Description i get.

[Shadgard, Niche]
The side of the mountain has been carved away, allowing access for the northwest elbow of the town's main street. To the south, the road continues along the cliff-face. To the east, the road widens and the sounds of foot traffic and horseshoes is prevalent. Carved into the western wall is an arch lined with marble, flanked by two guards carrying pikes.
There is a small crowd of people here. The area is slightly noisy.
It is snowing.
The area is covered in snow.

Does mention the arch lined with marble which I assume is the bank entrance. I see that typing go arch accomplishes the same task, but without a sign or something ... Unless that is what you are going for of course.
Have you seen my Zombies?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

The arch is indeed the entrace to the bank. I made 'go bank' work as well for convenience. Also note, when you LOOK at the arch:
look arch
The large stone arch leads into the side of the mountain. Carved into the top of the arch are there words "BANK OF SHADGARD."
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Possibly add "with words carved on it" into the description? Speaking from history, it's annoying to have to try to inspect every item in a room description any number of ways in order to see details.

If we're supposed to be putting things that players would reasonably notice in room descriptions, it seems like the title of the building (or whatever) would be one of those things.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

How's this?

[Shadgard, Niche]
The side of the mountain has been carved away, allowing access for the northwest elbow of the town's main street. To the south, the road continues along the cliff-face. To the east, the road widens and the sounds of foot traffic and horseshoes is prevalent. Carved into the western wall is an arch lined with marble and the words "BANK OF SHADGARD" carved across the top, flanked by two guards carrying pikes.
The lore compels me!
drahkik

Post by drahkik »

Good job!
Have you seen my Zombies?

Return to “General Town & Outposts”