Keeping Your Homes Secure

jilliana

Keeping Your Homes Secure

Post by jilliana »

It is incredibly exciting to finally get enough riln in the pockets to find one's only little corner and settle down.
Here are some tips for those of you who are needing them to keep your homes secure:

• Grab a keychain and put your new key on it and wear it as soon as you purchase your home. One does not need to take the key out of a container or whatnot.
• Close and lock the door when you first enter. The code takes care of the locking/unlocking for you so long as you are wearing the key on a ring.
• Remember to close things up when you get company. Better yet, go outside and have your company follow you. Just make sure nobody's joins in that shouldn't be in the party.
• A home is one of the most secure places in the game, but sometimes some mechanic is overlooked. Register anything that you consider valuable. It doesn't hurt to keep the truly special in a bank vault.

I may be overlooking something and I'm sure someone will think to add it if I did. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Elystole

Re: Keeping Your Homes Secure

Post by Elystole »

I heard something about registering our homes now? Can someone please elaborate?
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Keeping Your Homes Secure

Post by Rias »

If you have a deed to your home, NPCmail it to your local housing authority ([place]housingauthority will do) and your home will be registered.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Town & Outposts”