Housing Discussion

Dorn

Re: Housing Discussion

Post by Dorn »

*several thieves freeze in the act, stick their hands in their pockets and shuffle away from the houses* "Totally the best town!"
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Dorn wrote:*several thieves freeze in the act, stick their hands in their pockets and shuffle away from the houses* "Totally the best town!"
It will certainly be the best town following Corvus occupation and the replacement of current management (lets make it happen)!!!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Gate Guards. Round 2. Wait. That part was fine. The Entire Militia. Round 2.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

I'm really happy that while there will be taxes, they won't be something very time consuming. I love Tamsin's house. It has a nice story.
Gad

Post by Gad »

Can I pay the total taxes for the year at once? Also, can I start sending in write offs according to donations, services, and goods given to the town?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

These taxes exist to ensure that homeowners actually play the game, so that if they don't, the home can be made available for people who actually do play. Allowing payments in advance would defeat the purpose and this would all be a pointless effort.

At least as far as my towns are concerned, they assumedonations to be given without expectation of some form of compensation (otherwise, it's not really a donation, is it?). Sorry!
The lore compels me!
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Seeing as based off of math, that puts the tax rate at 0.005%, would people who fail to pay their taxes receive reimbursement for their now-locked home? I mean, it's kind of counter-intuitive to give anything back, but even 12 months of no tax-paying is only 12,000 riln on a 200,000 riln home. In the long stretch, it's a tiny fragment of the value of the home.. so if I were to fall to property taxes with no form of riln reimbursement, I'd be quite extremely sour as some homes can be exponantially more expensive.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

If the property tax is problematic, there's a very simple solution...
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

It's not that I feel it's problematic. I love that it's finally going to be implemented, I'm just saying that to repossess an entire home for a sum that's meagre by comparison to the value of the home is a bit silly.

But this is not real life, this is Clok and the lore is different in the Lost Lands.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Will there be some kind of warning system put in place? Maybe if someone misses a payment for some reason they can get a letter saying that the next payment is due but the last one wasn't made.

I mostly suggest this because sometimes there are legit real life factors that may keep a person from logging in and getting an e-mail would help one determine is logging in at the moment is necessary.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
sona

Post by sona »

*sits in front of Ardor's home .... and waits*

also, with the introduction of housing taxes, will Haiban get to see some of those dream-like homes I keep hoping for? I want to know if I should start saving up enough riln to purchase, and pay taxes.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Hi,

So I’m in agreement that the wilderness/hamlets should be changed. I want to be clear on that.

Having a character that went in on a home with another character (I only own one home on one of my characters) I am concerned about the time investment put forth in order to pay for my half and the items I’ve spent time on furnishing and preparing. While the hamlets are going to be changed for “event fodder,” the truth is, at the time of me and this other character putting in all of our work and time into obtaining the home in a hamlet, I am concerned about at least being refunded for said time. The house wasn’t burned down or anything that we have done to lose it, or lost in an event, however, it will be removed simply for the fact that the game needs to be changed. Again, I understand and am able to get behind said change.

Unfortunately, though, I’m not able to get behind the loss of the time and effort of playing the game to obtain an item. To be blunt, I feel it would be pretty unfair and tactless to remove the halmets from the game in order to make it more thematic without at least refunding them for the cost of the house. . Sadly, if we’re practicly screwed out of hours of our time, I am more likely not to return to the game and re-work for something I’ve worked for in the first place. I hope that this doesn’t come off as “douchy,” but it’s my feeling on the matter, and sadly, as someone who’s put more hours than I should have in the game, I feel that this isn’t an unreasonable request.

In response to the topic of taxes, I’m excited about this change. Should I lose the house because I didn’t pay the taxes, I’m fine with that – it was something I did and am responcible for, however, the GMs removing my house is something I have no control over and, qite frankly, no say in the matter when it comes down to it. This, to me, means that losing homes in the halmets isn’t something I have control over, and I would really hope that is considered when refunding those that are about to be homeless because of the change.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

You can sell homes back to the town you bought them from. Might want to write to your local housing authority and do that. Unless it's Keth, in which case we can talk.
The lore compels me!
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

It was keth haha. I'll have to bug Niki about it -- she owns the house, after all.

Wow after re-reading my post it sounded way more douchy than I intended. sorry bout that.
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

I'm giving this thread a bump because I'm really curious about if more housing/housing that was owned by players who no longer play is going to be released back into the game? As much as Zahrah likes her inn room, she doesn't want to have to live in an inn room forever and I know for a fact that there are no houses for sale in either Haiban or Mistral right now but there's one up for grabs in Shadgard (but pshhh Shadgard is cold and dusty).

I understand that housing is probably a pain because the GMs have to design the rooms and such and that takes time and creative juices (and who has those?) so maybe a solution to this would be to add a way that a character could commission a custom house and have to go through RP (and boat loads of riln) to get it built. Maybe there would be a base price for the structure based on the size (is it going to be a cottage or a manse?) and the location (which city it would be in and which section of the city) and then each room would cost another chunk of riln. And then the player would be responsible for designing each room themselves (with guidelines and GM approval and such).

"But Zahrah, what if I don't want to design my own house?"

Well, then this opens an opportunity for people who DO want to design houses a chance to earn some riln. Because then the more creative types could prostitute themselves out as "interior designers" or some such (I couldn't think of another word besides "prostitute"; I'm tired) IC and earn some money from their hard work and flair for choosing pleasing color schemes.

TL;DR: Need more houses. I will design the houses. Just let me have a house plz.
Last edited by Zahrah on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: You're a fucking amazing RPer. +1000

Dorn bluntly asks, "And does it appear I have a wagon in my pocket?"
You quip, "It would honestly not surprise me if you did."

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Hey, Zahrah! Jirato is working on the long debated housing tax system that will automatically kick a player from their home if they haven't paid it for x number of months.

This system will open up many of the player housing options that've been eaten by veteran players that have left.
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

Lun wrote:Hey, Zahrah! Jirato is working on the long debated housing tax system that will automatically kick a player from their home if they haven't paid it for x number of months.

This system will open up many of the player housing options that've been eaten by veteran players that have left.
I did see that! But the last post on that (in this thread at least) was 2016 so just thought I'd give a nudge, ask, etc.
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: You're a fucking amazing RPer. +1000

Dorn bluntly asks, "And does it appear I have a wagon in my pocket?"
You quip, "It would honestly not surprise me if you did."

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Updating this as it seems even the Shadgard houses are now no longer available. Any alleviation for new players coming in would be great: more of the template houses, the taxation system, or reclamation of unused property.

Return to “General Town & Outposts”