Haiban

Zoiya

Haiban

Post by Zoiya »

Hi guys!

I've been working on a project that has been ongoing for a while. It's still in the works but I want to give you a heads up to what will be changing, so that when stuff starts to happen, nobody gets confused or upset.

Haiban is expanding. When it is live you will be able to access the expansion from the wilderness, north of the river and from Haiban (south) itself.

The way that I have envisioned it will make Haiban North the more industrial area, and Haiban as you know it now will be more of a commercial district. In order to make this work, things will be moving and it will be a bit of an adjustment for a short amount of time.

I want to spread Haiban South out a bit more as well, there are a lot of places and things in a small cluster of rooms, and once Haiban North is live - the forges and leather working stations in Haiban South are going to be converted into regular city blocks with shops and buildings more spread out.

Now, some of this will be considered a retcon, but Haiban North itself was contributed in game, so it's a building process. I don't want to get too much into this, but if suddenly something has moved, lets assume that you might have been slightly fuzzy on where it was in the first place. I will do my best to document here where things are and where they have gone (if they have been moved).

There are many other additions coming to Haiban, I want it to be as equipped as our other starting towns. If you have any suggestions for things that you would like to see, this is the place to tell me. Same for if you have any questions about the coming changes!

Thanks for reading!
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Kunren

Re: Haiban

Post by Kunren »

I'd love a harmonicas teacher. Maybe an in lnstrument shop in general? With all the hubbub that should be Haiban I can see loads of instruments being sold (maybe even pianos!)
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
sona

Post by sona »

I think this might be a great chance to introduce and open up artisan shops, instead of the now defunct carts.
Xyra

Post by Xyra »

Perhaps simply have one 'empty shop' or something in several rooms, or a bunch in one area so that they're there, even if they aren't properly coded in to be used yet.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Purchase orders will now be available in the Artisan Compound on Artisan Way. It's right inside the compound in the office.

The Artisan Compound will be replacing the warehouse that is currently located on South Road.
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The Artisan Compound is now open, in the near future you will have to go here to do your forging/lapidary/leatherworking. The tradecraft roads in Haiban will be closed down at that time. There are trainers in the compound for blacksmithing, lapidary and leatherworking that ALL can access, the same with rentable workshops.

Please bug anything that is wonky.

The Artisan Compound is down the avenue on Artisan Way.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

There are workrooms available in the artisan compound. For now, and until we're able to implement a fix, you can ONLY rent one room and it will keep you from renting inn rooms. I am going to try to find a way to fix this, so keep this in mind until then. There are plenty of other rooms available to do small work until then.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Wagon storage is now in the Artisan Compound, east of the stable.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Haiban Imports in now located in Haiban North on Artisan Way.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The mercenary barracks are now located right inside the Haiban North gate, better to keep those pesky bad people out. :)
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

I am currently in the process of moving all clothing type stores onto Silk road, which is the far northern road of Haiban now. Please bear with me as I update what has ended up where when I finish.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Haiban Outfitters, Antony's, and the perfume shop are now located on Silk road. Still to come there? A nice little cafe, Kyskie's new shop and Zonia's bookstore.

Silk road can be found all the way north when you enter the city.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Haiban Homewares is now located on Silk Road as well.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The justice building is now located on Stone Road which is the southernmost street in Haiban.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The general store is now located next to the broken plow, and the cooking shop/town kitchen is located next to the bank.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

This is the last change I'm making tonight, I'll do some mapping and decide if anything else needs moved before I start adding new shops and other fun things.
Xyra

Post by Xyra »

I'm so happy to see all these things being done with Haiban, but don't forget to do little things like... eat... and sleep. Clok will still be here tomorrow.
sona

Post by sona »

Yay for awesome Haiban times!
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Locke is located in his office in the Artisan Compound. If you are looking for temporary forges or leatherworking stations, you must go to the avenue where the new artisan compound is, go down the pathway and the forge is located north from the pathway, the leatherworking stations are located east and south of the pathway.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

A new cafe and Zonia's bookshop are now open in Haiban on Silk Street.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The workyard has been moved to Haiban North in the Artisan Compound. There are generic wagons available in the stable as well, but if you want options, you have to go to the Compound.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The Elemancy chapter in Haiban is now located on Stone Road, all the way east against the mountain.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The mortuary has been replaced by a temple, it is in the same room. Anyone who logged out in the mortuary will still be able to exit to the room it used to exist in.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

Zoiya, what you've been doing with Haibon is nothing short of incredible, even by the high standards you normally set for these things. Thank you.
P.S. I finally got the Y and the I in your name in the right order. :)
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Vaylon

Post by Vaylon »

Yeah, I agree. I'm really liking the additions to Haiban so far.
"I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy." - The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde

Return to “General Town & Outposts”