FAQ Homes

Zoiya

FAQ Homes

Post by Zoiya »

Having run into a few interesting situations, I thought it would be best to clarify some things about homes going forward.

1 - If you have ever bought a home. You are considered a homeowner. If you sell your home to another player, you should always have GM involvement for making the switch (FOR NOW) so that we can keep track of who owns which home. If a GM is not onduty or responding when you ask for the assistance, NPCmail the housing authority for the town (eg: morhollowhousingauthority) so it can be looked into. Give us as much detail as possible so we don't have to go hunting for information later.

2 - If you do not have a deed, you do not own that house. The person with the deed owns the house, and that is why it is VERY IMPORTANT that deeds be kept somewhere safe, like a bank vault. If you lose your deed and then lose a key to your house, the guru of that town has the option of not letting you retain ownership of the house. Of course, we absolutely do NOT want that to happen, so please please please keep your deeds in a bank somewhere. Deeds being left in homes have caused a lot of craziness lately and that can all be avoided.

3 - YOU CAN SELL YOUR HOUSE BACK TO THE CITY. This is the 120% best option when you are thinking of relocating or just offloading your house, even if another player is interested. If you sell it back to the city you will be reimbursed for the riln and you will be flagged so that you can buy another house if you're interested. When you want to sell it back please make sure you have your deed. No deed, no ownership.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Dakhal

Re: FAQ Homes

Post by Dakhal »

It's good to hear that there's a lot happening with homes lately, and that there's effort into making more and keeping track of the ones that are currently occupied. Though I'm undoubtedly certain that there are dozens upon dozens of homes that are taken currently, in which will likely never be used again in the current state of things. I heard talk before of a taxing system that could act as a proper riln sink for homeowners and also act as a means to put all of these homes which are currently "unoccupied" back on the market for players that are around in the now, is there any intention of implementing anything like this?
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Just an update to this: Home deeds have become obsolete. Buying new homes has, for the last few months, simply updated our database records and it is assumed that, ICly, the deed is held and kept safe for you by the town's local housing authority or equivalent. There were too many problems with letting deeds just float around as items in-game.

If you still have a deed of ownership for your home, please npcmail it to your local housing authority. That'll help us verify the owner of the home as well as remove that deed as an in-game item to prevent the longstanding issues we've had with doing things that way. If we end up with homes whose owners haven't sent us the deed after a certain period of time, those homes will be emptied out and put back on the market.
The lore compels me!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

P.S. If you have a deed to a wilderness home, the deed is essentially worthless anyway, as no town can claim ownership of the land the home is on. You can just get rid of the deed.
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

So, just npcmail our deed to "[town or hamlet] Housing Authority"?
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Yes, please.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Town & Outposts”