Changes to home buying/deeds

Rias
Lore Hermit

Changes to home buying/deeds

Post by Rias »

Purchasing homes and deeds has changed a bit. Keeping track of deeds and who owned which house and all that was a horrendous nightmare. Thusly we are doing away with physical deeds altogether. When you purchase a home, the town simply makes a record of it. If you wish to officially transfer ownership of the home, you can always arrange a meeting to do so.

P.S. Citizenship is being updated to simply query the database and see if you're a local homeowner, rather than require the deed, due to this change.
The lore compels me!
Elystole

Re: Changes to home buying/deeds

Post by Elystole »

What should we do with our old deeds? Mine is registered and safely tucked away in my vault.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Elystole wrote:What should we do with our old deeds? Mine is registered and safely tucked away in my vault.
NPCmail them to your local housing authority, please. We were able to hunt down most, I think, and already link them to the proper owners, but mailing them in will confirm it.
The lore compels me!
Barius

Post by Barius »

How do we know what our local housing authority is?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Barius wrote:How do we know what our local housing authority is?
If you bought a home in a major settlement (Shadgard, Mistral Lake, Haiban), it should be in your local town hall where you (or the original buyer, at least) bought the deed.
If you bought a home outside the major settlements, you don't have one.
I don't know if Corvus has one.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Town & Outposts”