Libraries

Kunren

Libraries

Post by Kunren »

Something I have really noticed is the lack of books readily available. Im not sure if this is for some lore reason or not(lack of paper, not any desire for books, books being super rare as they were before the printing press ect.) but it seems that with the general price of quills and paper it wouldn't be all that expensive to write several. I think it would be lovely to have libraries with books on lore, immortals, creatures, and many other things, written by players and/or GMs. I know that the players are not the only ones in the city who need things, there are npcs everywhere, so I figure you could do a library one of two ways. Either filled to the brim with books everywhere that the npcs are expected to check out, with a few shelves dedicated to players, with books they can check out and read. Or, you could have it be a smaller, privately owned venture, and have the books be hideously expensive to check out, but allowing you most of your riln back when you return it. In this way, the average npc would be expected to not be willing or able to afford to check out any books.

I know there are problems with both ideas, and there could easily be lore problems with the idea of a library itself that I simply don't know about, but I would enjoy reading about things IC sometimes to give more specific knowledge to my character. Thoughts, ideas?
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: Libraries

Post by Lun »

There are books in the works... It's on the to-do list. I asked about this. It could take a while since the to-do list is about 50001 pages long, but it'll get done eventually.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Lun wrote:There are books in the works... It's on the to-do list. I asked about this. It could take a while since the to-do list is about 50001 pages long, but it'll get done eventually.
Thanks, Rias! Wonderful MUD you got going here!
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

There are books that are for sale that were player made. nothing is stopping any player for writing a good and selling it themselves! always remember you can take things into your own hands.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Not just what Vinz said, but there are a few people who have books of their own but it's pretty understandable that the type of information in them is not for everyone.
It'd take some RP to get your hands on a couple, I'm sure.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “General Town & Outposts”