Treehouse.

Zoiya

Treehouse.

Post by Zoiya »

I'm sure a few of you have seen and been inside the brackenridge treehouse that is in the wilderness. This Sunday at 2PM *GAME TIME*, Sean will be outside of the house to auction off the property.

If you own a home, your bid will not be counted. This is supposed to be an opportunity for some of our newer players to have a chance to own property. Please respect that, do not show up as an alt and then pass the key. There will be a problem if that occurs.

Thanks.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Treehouse.

Post by Rias »

Warning to bidders: As it's in the wilderness, it shouldn't be considered completely safe. I won't be more specific, as I don't have any particularly specific details in mind. Just go into it with the knowledge that, being out in the boonies with absolutely nothing and nobody (other than the owner) around to protect/take care of it, and the dangerous nature of the wilds, bad stuff may potentially happen there or to the contents/occupants thereof.

This goes for all wilderness properties, or to varying degrees, properties in places that aren't properly protected. In other words, any properties outside of the 3 main defensible towns with proper guards (Shadgard, Mistral Lake, Corvus).
The lore compels me!
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Couldn't do this today, too much going on irl, but will try to get it done at some point this week when I see lots of people on. :)
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Gruff

Post by Gruff »

Will you make sure to post a few hours of ahead of time? I'd like to get in on this (i know I haven't been around much) but I am in and out and would like to plan the time to be there.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Will do.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Perhaps these players could have three days to mail in their bid , that way few will be excluded due to circumstances.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The auction will take place, in person, and I will announce in advance.
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

Looking forward to this as well. Drayla has been without a home for too long, and I'm determined to get one now.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

It's a pretty house if you haven't seen it yet. I was thinking it'd be perfect for an Udemi, especially one of the ones who spends all of their times out in the wilderness anyways so that the whole "not in town" thing wouldn't be a change.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The auction for this house will take place on 3/22/14 @ NOON (game time).

Here are the rules.

1- You must have the amount that you're bidding in your bank account at the time of bidding. This will be a live auction. No paper bids.

2- If you already have a home, do not bid. If you do, your bid will be thrown out.

3- There is no proxy bidding. You have to be here to win.
Last edited by Zoiya on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Bumpidy. Ten more days.
Ardor

Post by Ardor »

Zoiya wrote:The auction for this house will take place on 3/22/12 @ NOON (game time).
Wasn't that two years ago?
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Bump - ONE hour.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Once again - just in case - the RULES.

1- You must have the amount that you're bidding in your bank account at the time of bidding. This will be a live auction. No paper bids.

2- If you already have a home, do not bid. If you do, your bid will be thrown out.

3- There is no proxy bidding. You have to be here to win.
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

So no one showed up to this? I would have, but since I don't play on the character who would use it most very often presently, I decided to just let it go to someone else and spend time with my family while the auction was going on. Is there any way another auction could be held? Or possibly make the auction a mail-in type like with the other auction items? I've really wanted this house for Drayla for a while, and if no one else is interested in it, I would love to have it.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

This property will either me loaded into the loot feeder or it will be given out via an event.
Karasi

Post by Karasi »

I wish I could give Karasi's home to someone. She would so take a home in the wilderness. Seriously, I'm drooling, and I just now saw this. *sighs*
I love the house she has, but it's not really her, to be honest, and never really felt like her, even though it is a superb idea, and I could see another person thoroughly enjoying it.
Alas. :)
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Karasi wrote:I wish I could give Karasi's home to someone.
You can give your home to someone. Give them the deed and contact a GM.

Similarly, this is why you put your deed in the bank as soon as you get it. If someone has the deed, they can claim the house.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

Gah, I just want anyone who doesn't own a home and is faurly new that I gave up the chance to win this treehouse because I figured someone needed it more than Drayla, and tgen I find out no one even went. I have wanted this treehouse since I first saw it. This is the last time I'll be forfeiting anything for newbies unless it is 100% RP-based. Now, time to keep my eye out for the next time this thing comes available so I can do my best to snatch it up.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Honestly, if you want something - show up. The worst that can happen is you see there's a crowd and you decide to bow out. If there's no one there, then grats! This applies to everything in-game. Never assume. This is all IC so if you want something IC then go for it.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Really, if you're interested in something, go for it. Intended kindness to let the newbies in on something is generous, but there's little that's more discouraging to a GM than nobody showing interest in something you've worked on.

And in the case of an auction, you can always just make small bids to get things rolling.
The lore compels me!
Mooshie

Post by Mooshie »

Er, curious minds want to know..is this still a thing? Is there a tree house in the wilds looking for an owner?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Nope.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Town & Outposts”