Customize this?!

Zoiya

Customize this?!

Post by Zoiya »

People have been putting in a lot of requests when it comes to item customization. I'm wondering what other items people would like to customized.

Post em up!
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
rhunara

Post by rhunara »

I want my character to become a cartographer of sorts. Are there anythings you can think of to facilitate this in game? I was thinking of using the new books as ways to store ascii maps.
rhunara

Post by rhunara »

Is creating and distributing maps IC allowed? I don't see why not, I just also don't even see any OOC player fansites (since the wiki is so minimal.)
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Map away. I've always enjoyed the excitement of exploring on my own, but not everyone feels the same.
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

You could easily map out the current game world into quadrants, and manually put in the ASCII map for each quadrant, with each page being a quadrant.

Easily being a relative term.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Also, it'd be neat if there was customised parchment. As in, you can choose differing thicknesses (to a degree), and materials such as vellum or papyrus.

On another note, scroll cases (designed specifically to carry loose parchment) would be pretty awesome. Maybe even have it be purchasable as well as carve able via woodworking.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

[quote=KianTheArcher]Also, it'd be neat if there was customised parchment. As in, you can choose differing thicknesses (to a degree), and materials such as vellum or papyrus.

On another note, scroll cases (designed specifically to carry loose parchment) would be pretty awesome. Maybe even have it be purchasable as well as carve able via woodworking.[/quote]

This'll be done in...the next hour?

Also, how do map cases sound?
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Map cases would be neat. Just anything along those lines (something specific for storing paper, so a container that could easily be fitted in a backpack, or even hung from a belt) would be pretty awesome.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Landion

Post by Landion »

On the map note - If someone creates an ACSII map of an area, that is relatively the same size as the ones we currently have available, if you want to donate it to the game in an OOC manner, I'd be happy to add it to the code and have it available for purchase at a general store.

If you'd rather do this in an IC manner, that might also be possible as well, such as selling the rights to your map to a cartographer for copying, or something. I dunno, use your imagination and RP it. :)

This is all if Rias approves of course, but I had planned to do maps of certain areas over time and add them eventually.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
rhunara

Post by rhunara »

This thread makes me happy.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Just be sure to include a compass. The last map didn't have one and someone (I can't remember who) caused a huge fuss about it.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Cases and customizeable parchment are now available in all post offices.

Map cases will be coming soon.
Last edited by Zoiya on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Thank you Zoiya! I <3 the new parchments and my fave is the scrolls. Very very nifty!
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.

Return to “General Areas”