NPCs moving around town!

The dusty rough-and-tumble frontier mining town where you're likely to be looking down the barrel of a flintlock if you cause any trouble.
Rias
DEV

NPCs moving around town!

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: More Shadgard NPCs will now move around town according to their daily schedules. (Off-duty guards will report to their posts during invasions if they are within town at the time of invasion.)

Those who played COGG will be more familiar with this system, and for those who didn't - I hope you like it! The town just feels more lively and real when the NPCs move around. The named guards are now on rotation both in and atop the gatehouse, and Falore has joined the marksman rotation up top so they have enough people to cover all three shifts up there. I'm trying to keep the skill trainers from moving around beyond reporting to their guard stations for shifts if they're also guards, so hopefully it's not too much of a pain to track them down. Beyond them though, you should be seeing more non-trainer NPCs moving around town, gathering at eateries around mealtimes, and stuff like that.

P.S. Please use the BUG command to report any guards at their stations who don't have their weapons readied! I think I've got that system all ironed out, but it's been goofy at times in the past.
The lore compels me!
artus

Re: NPCs moving around town!

Post by artus »

They usually switch between hours so they definitely stop long enough for anyone to train if people want, so I definitely see no problem with tracking anyone down.

I'm a fan of dynamics. This makes ma day! Thank you Rias!
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
esthy

Re: NPCs moving around town!

Post by esthy »

I miss the constable, everyone's favourite npc to annoy.

Return to “Shadgard”