Shadgard and Utasa

The dusty rough-and-tumble frontier mining town where you're likely to be looking down the barrel of a flintlock if you cause any trouble.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Shadgard and Utasa

Post by Rias »

Q: Why the Shadgard hostility toward Utasa? (a question someone asked on chat/Discord)
A: Due to a number of incidents in the past, the general Shadgard public opinion is that Utasa are nosey spies always getting into other peoples' business, and sometimes worse. A lot of this developed when Gunther was Acting Mayor of Shadgard, which was quite a while ago now so you might need to find some old-timers to get more detailed info on the subject ICly. Utasa aren't downright hated or attacked or anything in Shadgard, but there's just a general lingering mistrust there. It's kind of like the NSA thing in the real world - they say they're watching everyone's activity for the peoples' own protection, but this doesn't sit well with a lot of people who prefer their own privacy and think the NSA is snooping into things they have no business snooping into (and yes, people can want their privacy without "having something to hide").

Note: I always saw Shadgard as being fine with the Udemi. So it's not a prejudice against Tse Gaiyan as a whole, mainly the Utasa.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Re: Shadgard and Utasa

Post by Kiyaani »

If they're fine with the Udemi would it be possible to add an Udemi trainer and taskgiver NPC like we used to have before the chapterhouse was moved? I can understand why the Utasa might not be welcome, but this would be really great considering there are no other Tse Gaiyan NPCs anywhere near there (that I know of). *wink wink, nudge nudge*
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Also. They're just a bunch of wannabes. Nobody likes a wannabe...
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Jaster wrote:Also. They're just a bunch of wannabes. Nobody likes a wannabe...
Preach!
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

Bryce wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:49 am
Jaster wrote:Also. They're just a bunch of wannabes. Nobody likes a wannabe...
Preach!
Wrong. Any professional Utasa is far more than a Wannabe. They are the real McCoy. It's time Utasa learn what they are. - What is that you ask? Well. That's need to know. And, that you will need to find out IC. - Remember to smile, people!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

For Social Justice!!!
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Utasa would be SJWs.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
artus

Post by artus »

I really, really wish to see more tse gaiyan event around shadgard, to see how it progresses. It's been like this for a little while, though I'm thankful Udemi is not called "You damn me" anymore.:p Really nice one there man. Remember laughing my ass off when I saw it.:) As to Utasa being shady and stuff, not many people know about that, given old time folks don't use their old time charcters that much. I myself, though may be considered old face here, have no recollection of direct involvement of events besides being told.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

"Stay a while and listen."

Return to “Shadgard”