Shadgard's Armed Forces

The dusty rough-and-tumble frontier mining town where you're likely to be looking down the barrel of a flintlock if you cause any trouble.
Hayl

Shadgard's Armed Forces

Post by Hayl »

I’ll go ahead and post my thoughts on this right now to help clear up any misunderstandings.
Shadgard has three basic armed forces.
1. Shadgard deputies, sheriff, and general every day policers of the people.
2. Militia: They keep an eye out on the town and its inhabitance, but their main focus is to make sure there are people on duty to repel attacks.
3. The Outriders: These are a select group of vigilantes who take Shadgard pride to a whole new level. These are people who love Shadgard and its people. They take any aggressive action towards Shadgard as if it were a direct attack towards themselves. These fellows capitalize on the fact that the governments don’t monitor the going-ons of the lost lands. However, some are willing to get banned from another city to see that the wrong is righted. These individuals are not part of the Shadgard government. They have some pull, but they’re just like any other citizen.
The Coydogs are not listed above because they already fall into one of these three groups, that being the militia. Their purpose is to actively investigate threats against Shadgard. They extend past Shadgard’s influences and keep their ears to the ground for suspected danger and report their findings. Occasionally they also may take part in missions outside of the city.
This isn’t to say that you can’t be both a Coydog and an Outrider however.
TLDR, Outriders are not part of Shadgard’s government, Coydogs to an extent are part in that they report to members of the government, and you can be both an Outrider and a Coydog as long as the two jobs don’t interfere.
P.S. I'm also writing this way too early in the morning, so it's possible that I forgot an aspect of something somewhe... Wait! Please don't throw those tomatoes!

Return to “Shadgard”