Shadgard Outriders - town organization, not a guild

The dusty rough-and-tumble frontier mining town where you're likely to be looking down the barrel of a flintlock if you cause any trouble.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Shadgard Outriders - town organization, not a guild

Post by Rias »

The Shadgard Outriders are no longer a guild, but a Shadgard town organization. It's possible to join them even if you're in a guild already, though of course you have to fit the bill for the group. Naturally, as they're no longer a guild, they won't give any special abilities or things like that - but then, all their abilities were Generalized away already.

Joining the Outriders, like joining the Militia, should be a purely RP thing, and members should expect to drive most of the activity themselves, rather than looking to NPCs to constantly interact with them and tell them what to do.
The lore compels me!
Elystole

Re: Shadgard Outriders - town organization, not a guild

Post by Elystole »

You are a rank 12 member of the Shadgard Outriders and have earned 659.25 points toward your next
promotion at 3500 points.
You currently have 22159.25 recognition points.
You are a member of the Shadgard Outriders.
You currently have 22159.25 recognition points.
You can view any of your known guild abilities via the ability command.
You see those guild points? I earned them the hard way! Without any tasks!

And now they're worthless!

...But in all seriousness, I think this is a great change. An Outrider isn't defined by their abilities. They are defined by their willingness to chase scumbags clear across the map and put them in the ground.

(Though revolver fanning was awesome.)
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

15: Firearms: Revolver Fanning 16: Firearms: Rapid Reload

Hey Elystole! These abilities are now generalized and you can still get them!
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Though of a serious question about this: What is to become of all of those recognition points? There are still things in the Lounge that are purchased with them, and I hope there will be eventually more. Do organizations still award/track recognition points for stuff like that or is it moving to an "awarded as earned" model?
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Jirato cleared my guild membership last week since the Outriders are no longer a guild, but the entrance to the lounge still checks for guild membership. Therefore, I can no longer access the lounge and the resources inside.

Is there a way for it to check for organization membership instead?

Return to “Shadgard”