Shadgard Militia looking for volunteers!

The dusty rough-and-tumble frontier mining town where you're likely to be looking down the barrel of a flintlock if you cause any trouble.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Shadgard Militia looking for volunteers!

Post by Rias »

Militia Captain Alvy Littlefield is looking for volunteers to form an additional town defense unit! Interested individuals can NPCmail the Captain. There's a post on the in-game town board about this as well.

Points to Note:
- The point of this is to be a largely player-run thing, with a single leader that occasionally reports to/hears from the Captain but primarily runs things on their own.
- You must be a registered citizen of Shadgard to join the militia.
- Being a volunteer position, these militia members will not receive any special authority in town matters.
- Some special access to exclusive facilities and other resources may become available in the future if this gains any traction.
The lore compels me!
Sneaky

Re: Shadgard Militia looking for volunteers!

Post by Sneaky »

sergeant Coanid reporting for duty.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

This is why living in hamlets sucks. :p.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

merin wrote:This is why living in hamlets sucks. :p.
You could always pack up and move!
The lore compels me!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Just as an FYI to people, this is rolling along. Interested? Send Alvy Littlefield a letter. We've already got a few recruits (and others working on citizenship so they can join - that is, waiting for a few more homes to be added so they can register as citizens).
The lore compels me!
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Would it possible that if you are registered and committed to a town that you be provided with a list of known criminals? Kind of like how the town guards always know who has a bad reputation with them. If I were to look at player, it would be nice if something in their description would help me identify them as an enemy to Shadgard.
"No one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good."
Plato
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

That'd be neat! I'll poke the codecapables about it if Jirato likes the idea.
The lore compels me!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Aka. Unique Shadgard Militia ability. "Recognize Dorn" - He may be hiding in a bronze can, but there's no way he can disguise that smell.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

Dorn wrote:Aka. Unique Shadgard Militia ability. "Recognize Dorn" - He may be hiding in a bronze can, but there's no way he can disguise that smell.
ROFL
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

*Shadgardian squints at list of criminals with descriptions, then asks the completely armored man with his face covered if he was -sure- he wasn't a criminal.*
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Har! This isn't new, or unique to Shadgard by any means. It was long ago decided that the faction and justice systems would be pretty pointless if anyone could bypass them by just tossing on a mask or shaving their moustache and getting a haircut. Those Corvus guards are just as good at sniffing out identities as Shadgard ones. If the ability for players to recognize faction foes and/or criminals is added (which I think would be neat for those who join their respective town militia equivalents), I can't imagine it would be exclusive to Shadgard.

And to be fair, anyone who lives in Corvus is bound to acquire that unique odor that pervades the place!
The lore compels me!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

I think Kunren and I were just poking fun, Rias. I know I was. Disguises/recognizing people/justice systems, it's a lot of coding to make it fun/work and often simple is best. I think it's nice enough that the GMs and often Players, are willing to play along with disguises/knowing people without making it a mechanical nightmare.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.

Return to “Shadgard”