Change/Retcon: Shadgard mines belong to Shadgard alone

The dusty rough-and-tumble frontier mining town where you're likely to be looking down the barrel of a flintlock if you cause any trouble.
Rias
DEV

Change/Retcon: Shadgard mines belong to Shadgard alone

Post by Rias »

As stated here, the Shadgard mines have been retconned to their original state - they belong to Shadgard alone, and the Western Coalition has no claim to them (nor access to the eastern tunnels). It may be assumed that the Coalition never had access to the Shadgard mines - please adjust your characters' memories accordingly.

The Coalition originally had access to these mines simply due to the fact that mechanically, back in the day when the Coalition was first implemented as a guild, the world was tiny and this was the easiest thing to do to give the Coalition an area of their own. Now that the world is much bigger and the Coalition has its own HQ and land separate from Shadgard, this retcon has gone into effect.

Again: The Coalition never had any claim to the Shadgard mines, as far as history/lore is concerned. Please don't have your characters say things like "The Coalition was kicked out" or "The Coalition moved out recently", etc. If necessary, send a tell to confused players explaining why Coalition members no longer have access to the Shadgard eastern mine tunnels, and that it was retconned. Or, just send them a link to this post.
The lore compels me!
Tian

Post by Tian »

Who has access to the east tunnels then?
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Miners employed by Shadgard, probably.
Last edited by Skjotur on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yeah. Like Mistral Lake's mine belongs to Mistral Lake, the Shadgard mines belong to Shadgard. If you want access to their resources, you're going to need to get permission somehow. They don't just let anyone walk in and take from their primary income source.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Shadgard”