Tse Gaiyan conspire against Shadgard, get banned from town!

The dusty rough-and-tumble frontier mining town where you're likely to be looking down the barrel of a flintlock if you cause any trouble.
Rias
DEV

Tse Gaiyan conspire against Shadgard, get banned from town!

Post by Rias »

An announcement was made this morning that the Tse Gaiyan had stepped up their conspiracy against Acting Mayor Gunther and the town of Shadgard itself, and as a result have had all their members banned from the mining town completely. The proverbial straw to break the mule's back seems to have been a break-in in the Acting Mayor's own home by a Tse Gaiyan agent.

"The Tse Gaiyan have been after the Mayor's office for some time now," said Acting Mayor Gunther. "When Mayor Dannal got sick, they were vying to get one of their own members into the office, but were thankfully unable to do so. Anyone who has attended any of the town meetings will be well aware of one of Tse Gaiyan's lead spokesmen, Evrek, constantly attending despite not being a member of our town, and attempting to cast dirt on my reputation and the work I do for our town, as well as the intelligence of Shadgard's citizens. Now good Mayor Dannal has gone missing, no doubt spirited away by Tse Gaiyan to ensure he doesn't recover and come back into office. I pray to Serafina daily that the good Mayor is still alive and will soon be found and returned to us."

The Acting Mayor had more to say about Tse Gaiyan's conspiring against the town: "Their agents lawlessly break into our homes and businesses for their own nefarious ends - I imagine it is in an attempt to disrupt our town's workings so that they can lay the blame on the leaders, and then install one of their own into the Mayor's office as a replacement. Their rangers stalk about the woods just outside Redrock Canyon, harassing honest loggers who are working to improve and expand our fair town. I could go on, but what is abundantly clear is that these Tse Gaiyan feel they know what's best for everyone else, and are willing to resort to lawless actions and violence in order to try and force others into living by Tse Gaiyan's twisted and tyrannical standards."

"I say we won't stand for this," the Acting Mayor concluded. "Nobody tells any self-respecting Shadgardian how to live. The people of Shadgard don't need overlords to shepherd them - we maintain our own lives, our own businesses, our own law, our own leadership. Shadgard belongs to its people, not to some power-hungry zealots obsessed with mushrooms and their own oppressive ideas on how peoples' lives should be run. Shadgard is independent and strong thanks to its honest, hardworking citizens, and it always will be."
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Tse Gaiyan has not stood idly by while Acting Mayor Gunther has been concocting lies and spreading propaganda against them. The Assistant to the Praetor issued the following statement:

“We have a history of supporting legitimate government that seeks the betterment of their citizens. Acting Mayor Gunther is just that, acting. He was never elected into his position, as Dannal was, and has consistently blocked questioning by Tse Gaiyan into the nature and source of the Mayor’s illness. We have never sought to place any of our members in a position of authority in Shadgard or anywhere else; we simply seek the protection of those basic freedoms that all citizens are owed, as well as the safeguarding of the land that we all live in.

Any who have had dealings with Tse Gaiyan will know that we believe in the opposite of tyranny in any way, but we do expect individuals to be held responsible for the consequences of their actions. This includes those who take from the gaea without thought and individuals in towns who seek to subjugate those who have less power.

If one of these consequences is Tse Gaiyan’s banishment from the town, so be it. We have never claimed allegiance to one nation or town. This does not mean, however, that we will neglect our duty, nor is this the end of the story. Acting Mayor Gunther only has authority while the people of Shadgard give him authority. Rulers who kick Tse Gaiyan out of their town often find themselves at the end of their tenure, not to mention that the root of his authority lies in the fact that Mayor Dannal has been unable to perform the task, which may, at any time, no longer be the case."
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel

Return to “Shadgard”