Heavy armor and penalties

Acarin

Heavy armor and penalties

Post by Acarin »

So far heavier armors only have a stealth penalty and channeling penalty as far as I know. I'd think it would be a lot harder to perform a considerable number of other actions in heavy armor.

Maybe some energy/rt penalties for logging, mining, farming, and crafting skills?
Maybe a direct drop in dodge skill like that seen with stealth?
Even an additional energy cost for swinging weapons that could be trained away with armor use...

Right now, unless you hide or are primarily casting it seems like there is absolutely no reason not to wear full plate.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

It also has a chance on each attack to lower your accuracy and defense. There are more plans for armor hinderances in the future.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

So...Walking around in this stuff in the long term will increase your damage when your NOT wearing it because you have spare muscles? Fun.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Don't think so... this type of training was already discussed in another closed thread.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

The penalties it prevents only occur while wearing armor, so no.
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I'm curious, I know there are certain penalties for the different sized shields, but what are they exactly?
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate

Return to “Armor”