Throwing Weapons

Dakhal

Throwing Weapons

Post by Dakhal »

Things like riverstones, throwing knives and javelins- things of such ilk, which are meant for throwing.

Would it be possible for these items to have the hurl set flag on them by default?

Riverstones are found in the wild, so I don't know if that's possible, but from what I gather with the systems, it might be possible with shops.

Maybe? It'd be amazing if this could be done, as it'd encourage more people to use this skill rather than having to manually set each and every item that they buy.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Dakhal

Re: Throwing Weapons

Post by Dakhal »

Going to just pop in here again to mention something;

Either I'm doing something wrong, or there doesn't appear to be a way to gather items that you've hurled outside of using the 'transfer' verb. I just jumped into this skill to see how it is and By Jove, I was so quickly put off by how unwieldy it is.

Also yeah, the above suggestion. It was really spammy and command intensive to set a basic set of throwing knives to be hurled.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I think the command is "gather hurled" to get everything you've thrown out during combat. It is a bit unwieldy and the code can actually workaround container size limits and dump your javelins in your backpack or pouch, which is a bug.

It'd be cool if javelins, pilums, and throwing daggers came with the hurl flag already set on it. Not regular daggers or other throwables--those are actual weapons that people might not want to throw.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Just tested it, it does indeed work. This makes the skill in the very least trainable.. but it would be nice if it went back to it's original containers. I can live without it for the time, however.
I lead a Life of Sin.

Return to “Weapons”