Whip Mastery

Bryce

Whip Mastery

Post by Bryce »

While I don't think whip mastery should turn whips into lethal weapons, I think it'd be nice to unlock a few things.

- Near perfect chance to aim for the arms/hands or legs/feet in order to use the natural disarms and trips whips can do, and almost always trigger those effects when the hit lands. To clarify, I don't mean the attack accuracy should be near perfect so that it can't be dodged, just that if you're aiming for the arm, you should always succeed in aiming for that hit location. Considering the Disarm ability always hits the arm, Cutthroat always hits the neck, etc. I don't think this would be necessarily overpowered.
- A choke effect when hitting the neck.
- When you disarm a weapon with a whip, chance to whip the weapon further away so it's harder to retrieve, or even into an adjacent room.

And, of course, the ability to wrap the whip around things off-camera in order to swing across chasms and between windows of buildings. Okay, maybe not this one, although having some special room somewhere where this was possible for people with Whip Mastery, purely to show off, would be amazing.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Bryce

Re: Whip Mastery

Post by Bryce »

I also forgot to propose a possible "unhorse" whip move where you yank the target from their horse (might work better if you yourself are mounted).

Video of Anthony de Longis, a whip marksman: https://youtu.be/y9LfTw6K2XU
ask jes for date
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Who you think you are? Indiana Jones?!?!

I kid; good suggestions.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Bumping this because I actually managed to do enough combat to get Whip Mastery, finally.
ask jes for date
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Well then. That's a surprising amount of torture to put both you and your victim under!

I'd like to see whips being a bit more useful, since they're pretty great. There's plenty of choking mechanics in the game as is, and asphyxiation damage is pretty great. It'd be a good addition.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

/me rides in on his trusty horse, cracks his whip off-screen, and drags this post back into the spotlight. He then touches a finger to the brim of his hat and rides off into the sunset.
ask jes for date
Siegmaer

Post by Siegmaer »

I still think this is amazing idea.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

New Ability: Indie Swing.
"So called because it is used by individualistic whip wielders (why, what did you think it referred to?), the "Indie Swing" allows you to lash your whip around a branch in forested areas or other overhead supports in specially-marked rooms to swing around in an impressive display, help to climb certain climbables, or cross over any chasms, small rivers, or other such obstacles nearby."
Requirements: Whip Mastery
ask jes for date
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

New Ability: Whip it real good.
"After long hours of study and contemplation, you have come to the conclusion that self-asphyxiation by wrapping your whip around your neck is good... it's real good."
NOTE: At the cost of reduced perception, this ability will boost your natural damage resistance by putting you into a euphoric state. Must be used prior to combat.

Return to “Weapons”