New weapon suggestions

Kunren

New weapon suggestions

Post by Kunren »

Could we get chakram and the atlatl? Also perhaps the old original hand cannon, though it may be obsolete with the current state of firearms in the lost lands. And I've always wondered about crossbows... Are they a thing? I haven't thought so as I've never seen one, but I've seen crossbowmen figurines, certain enemies, and it would seem like this is about the correct level of technology for those to still be popular...

Also, question:Are you still thinking about eventually adding in clockwork type weapons, as suggested by a previous post, or only historically accurate non-Asian weapons?
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Dakhal

Re: New weapon suggestions

Post by Dakhal »

I want a falcata.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Falcatas are simple enough, so they're done! Enjoy some hacking bonuses without having to use hafted weapons with them.

Atlatls look neat but would require a significant amount of code work as nothing like them currently exists.

Chakram is a bit too asian, IMO. Though India isn't really considered *east* Asia, it still falls under the realm of asian weapons and is something I'm skeptical of adding.

Crossbows currently exist as on critters only as a hack (there's no actual code for crossbows to work, those crossbow-wielding critters are actually casting a spell that fires crossbow bolts). I'd love to see functional crossbows used by highwaymen and bandits. They'd probably be considered contraband. Again though, significant amount of code work.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Yay! Falcatas, I've wanted one since I started playing and never really thought to bring it up.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Jirato wrote:there's no actual code for crossbows to work, those crossbow-wielding critters are actually casting a spell that fires crossbow bolts.
Grummer magic. Technomancy
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Couple more. lasso, that'd be awesome to use. especially if we got a hogtie mechanic with it. Second suggestion: Length of chain. A big linked chain is pretty dangerous to get smacked with.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

While we're at it, can I get a nether-powered undead horse, a leather blazer jacket and some grease to slick back my hair? I'll run the baddest gang there ever was, with my link of netherium chain.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Dakhal wrote:While we're at it, can I get a nether-powered undead horse, a leather blazer jacket and some grease to slick back my hair? I'll run the baddest gang there ever was, with my link of netherium chain.
We can't do this until we get pipes to use as well as broken glass bottles
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Dakhal wrote:While we're at it, can I get a nether-powered undead horse, a leather blazer jacket and some grease to slick back my hair? I'll run the baddest gang there ever was, with my link of netherium chain.
Is Dorn Ghost Rider?
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

+1 for lassos and roping! Yeehaw!
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Bryce wrote:+1 for lassos and roping! Yeehaw!
Make that +2! :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Weapons”