Revolvers and reloading

Sneaky

Revolvers and reloading

Post by Sneaky »

I think it would be great if we had the option of loading all cilenders of the revolver at once and taking the full amount of the rt. The reasoning for this is that it tends to spam everybody in the room quite a lot, and so this way it's just a few lines rather than a whole wall of text of the same information. There wouldn't be any other real mechanical benefit to this. The command could be something like reload full, or reload all, and reload can stay the same as it is now, so people have the option of still being able to reload a single shot at a time if they want. I hope this gets into consideration, and I'm sure the rest of the player base would agree with it as well.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
jilliana

Re: Revolvers and reloading

Post by jilliana »

+1 over and over!
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

jilliana wrote:+1 over and over!
You don't like it when I hit 'reload' twelve times after I fan my revolver?
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

It also gets crazy when a player suffers lag and just the action of getting a gun and putting it back gets out of hand, let alone trying to reload it during lag. I think being able to load and fire (like a flintlock in battle) is great, but a separate command for loading the whole gun at once (and eating all the RT) would be great, OR having an auto-reload outside of combat that will continue to reload it until it is fully loaded.

A plus side is that even if a character is lagging, they won't have to wait an extended period of time to reload, as they would just be sitting through a full-reload RT.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Lag in conjunction with roundtimes (sometimes excessive) has done a great deal to sour my experience with CLOK.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Added a card to our public requests status board: https://trello.com/c/pkG2yTiT
The lore compels me!

Return to “Weapons”