Further brawling improvements, and new weapons.

Jirato
DEV

Further brawling improvements, and new weapons.

Post by Jirato »

I know it's been awhile since I've made any adjustments to the brawling system, so I thought I'd share a quick update here.

You may now use the stance command to change between one of five stances, tiger, crane, leopard, snake, or dragon. These will dramatically alter your combat style and ability. Certain attack types will only be available for certain stances. However, these stances aren't available right off the bat. There are five new (very small) hidden monasteries hidden throughout the Lost Lands, each specializing in a specific stance. You must challenge the grand-master at each monastery before they will teach you the basics.

Since the brawling combo system has been so well received, we've also decided to have it work with weapons too. However, only certain new weapon types are eligible for the 10 strike combos. You'll have to buy them from "a blind swordsman", a special wandering NPC that can appear anywhere in the wilderness.

Here's a little sample of what to expect:
You slash your katana at an animated training dummy! (M:1100 vs D:1075) 84 slash damage to the chest!
You slash your katana at an animated training dummy! (M:1100 vs D:1075) 96 slash damage to the right leg!
You slash your katana at an animated training dummy! (M:1100 vs D:1075) 78 slash damage to the left foot!
You slash your katana at an animated training dummy! (M:1100 vs D:1075) 82 slash damage to the abdomen!
You slash your katana at an animated training dummy! (M:1100 vs D:1075) Dodged!
You slash your katana at an animated training dummy! (M:1100 vs D:1075) 88 slash damage to the back!
You slash your katana at an animated training dummy! (M:1100 vs D:1075) Dodged!
You slash your katana at an animated training dummy! (M:1100 vs D:1075) 180 slash damage to the right arm! !CRITICAL!
You slash your katana at an animated training dummy! (M:1100 vs D:1075) 79 slash damage to the chest!
You slash your katana at an animated training dummy! (M:1100 vs D:1075) 82 slash damage to the head!
(-4 energy)
Roundtime: 4 seconds.
And, I guess the secrets out. Training dummies are coming back as well. They also scale to your ability now, so you never have to worry about outgrowing them.
Laroremas

Re: Further brawling improvements, and new weapons.

Post by Laroremas »

This looks awesome. I am going to enjoy transitioning from using my fists like a man to instead using my favorite weapon from anime!

Edit:

It looks like these stances will actually make using ACTUAL brawling combos a viable method of combat, so I'm DOUBLY excited.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Will we be able to cut arrows and shot in two when shot at?
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I need a soul-cutter sword. You got one handy?
Karasi

Post by Karasi »

Is this real or another April Fool's joke?

It sounds fun, but I'm wary to believe it since it's the first, and I've already been duped twice today. *coughs* :P
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Every GM gets a turn.

Return to “Weapons”