weapon request: Sling

Kent

weapon request: Sling

Post by Kent »

I would like it if that simple and inexpensive weapon, the sling, were added to the repertoire of possible weapons.

It would be nice to be able to collect stones from the ground, similar to foraging sticks, to be able to use to sling. It would be also nice to be able to use the lead shots from the firearms store as sling ammunition.

I suppose a slung shot would do about 75% of the damage that a revolver in CLOK (an early development in firearms) would do. Perhaps a slung stone would do 65% or so.
sling1.jpg
sling1.jpg (144.18 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
slinging.jpg
slinging.jpg (8.91 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
Last edited by Kent on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Kent

Re: weapon request: Sling

Post by Kent »

And as a similar request, I would like to have a mechanic to be able to pick up a stone from the ground and throw it, similar to the existing mechanic where we can throw snowballs.

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

(Copied from the general changelog thread):

Slings (for slinging stones) have been released and can now be purchased in the general stores of Shadgard, Keth, Emleth, Westbrook, Nelra, and Morhollow. Accuracy with slings is dependent on the new Slings skill, and can vary wildly, especially when using non-optimal ammunition (riverstones are a good idea - they're nice and smooth, and fly better). Slings do not receive a damage benefit from Tactics Marksman, and always have a fumble chance which is very high at first, but lowers to a minimum of 5% at high enough skill.

It is now possible to forage stones in most outdoor areas. These stones can be hurled by hand, or fired with a sling. Some shallow rivers, creeks, and so forth may yield smooth riverstones. Herbalism skill does not help in foraging for stones.

Expect damage ratings, fumble ratings, roundtimes, and so forth to be tweaked.
The lore compels me!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Rias wrote:(Copied from the general changelog thread):

Slings (for slinging stones) have been released and can now be purchased
A belated thank-you for this implementation. Now my character needs to locate a trainer for this one combat skill he is unversed in.

Vitello

Post by Vitello »

Perhaps sling should be given a bonus to remaining hidden in sneak attack. Reasons as follows.

Small projectile,
No bang, flash, or smoke like guns,
More of an arched trajectory harder to trace back to origin.

Return to “Weapons”