Thrown

Rithiel

Thrown

Post by Rithiel »

Now I know you all were talking about it, so post your ideas here (for thrown or thrown guild abilities).
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Just a few rough ideas for Trick Shots that I think should be available to both the Utasa and Thieves guilds.

Ricochet: Has a chance, based on your Hurling skill, to bounce off of a target and hit a second enemy in the room. If only one enemy is present, has a chance to bounce back to your general direction.

Juggle: Allows you to carry more than two throwing knives in your hands, by typing 'juggle'. It eats 1 energy per 2 seconds, but allows you to continue getting more hurlable small weapons out of bags or being given them. Each 2 seconds, however, the user has to pass a skill check based on hurling, else the knives fall to the ground. (Basically, lets you carry and throw knives more quickly).
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Feint: throws your knife at an arc. The enemy is fooled into believing you missed them, and lowers their guard. Has chance to cause sneak attack with knife.
I have nothing productive to say, therefore, I must be heard!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

A move for the Utasa, where they utilize wavebending after the weapon is thrown to make the projectile invisible, and much harder to dodge or block. Blink and maybe minor photodirection being the requirements.
gralkik

Thrown

Post by gralkik »

So, I was sitting around thinking about how cool it would be to be able to throw multiple weapons at once. And these are a rough idea of what I thought of. They would need some more refining.

Weapon Specialty: Hurl Weapons
With great skill and dedication, you are able to thrown weapons with deadly skill.
(OOC: Thrown Weapons are weighed upwards to their maximum when thrown)

Prerequisite:
Ranged Focus
Hurl Weapons: 500

Hurl Weapons: Rapid Throw
Through skill and proper training, you are able to properly utilize the throwing of all
sorts of hurlable weapons and with this training, this allows you to throw multiple
small throwing weapons in quick succession of each other.
(OOC: For 10 seconds, your thrown weapons take half the time to be thrown (rounded
up), though accuracy is reduced by 20% and dodge is reduced by 25%. This ability
has a 45 second cool-down period before it may be re-used, and you will have a 5%
accuracy penalty and 10% dodge penalty while under the cool-down effect)

Prerequisite:
Weapons Specialty: Hurl Weapons

The idea is a bit borrowed from the 'Archery: Rapid Fire'.

Utasa or Thief Guild-only ability?
Hurl Weapons: Multiple Knives

You are able to grab multiple throwing knives and throw them at once, either
hitting mutliple targets you're fighting or a single target.
(OOC: You are able to throw up to 3 throwing knives either at one target or
three with the use of 'hurl-knives' or 'muliti-knives' respectively)

Prerequisite:
Hurl Weapons: 250

The RT for Multiple knife would or could be 1 seconds RT per knife, in throwing them at multiple targets. Or, 3 seconds RT to throw three knives at one target (which still could be 1 second RT per knife, just aimed at a single target). With an additional 1 second RT between rounds. They can be any small hurlable object.

Like I said at the beginning of the post, these are all rough ideas. But just a starting.
artus

Re: Thrown

Post by artus »

I often imagine people can throw two weapons from each hand at once. This could be anything cooler than my thought, heh.

There's actually a real technique for midievil assassins, ninjas or blade artists that lets them throw multiple projectile or throwable weapons at once, like 3-5 throwing stars on their left hand and another rain of them from their right hand. Would be cool to think about, would be cooler if implemented.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.

Return to “Weapons”