Small weapons

Rithiel

Small weapons

Post by Rithiel »

What exactly are the benefits of small weapons? Obviously less RT to swing, but is there anything else? As an enjoyer of small weapons, perhaps they should be easier to aim and more readily converted into thrown. I'd love to hurl a dagger in backs of things running away.

Of course, that requires thrown weapons.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

All melee weapons currently have the same roundtime, actually. The main benefit to smaller weapons (say a shortsword rather than a longsword) is that they generally have a higher amount of potential strikes per attack and are easier to get extra strikes with. For instance, you are more likely to land an extra strike with a shortsword than a longsword, and you can land up to three strikes per attack with a shortsword where with a longsword you can only land two. However, the shortsword does less damage per strike and has less chance to parry. I don't know if I ever implemented individual aim ratings (I don't think I did), but that's a good idea.

With pointed sword and dagger weapons, the smaller they are, the higher chance you have of exploiting a chink in enemy armor, though. Particularly useful for thieves who have learned the Armor Chink ability from the guild, as they have a very significant multiplier to armor chink chance.

Throwing weapons is on the to-do list.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Weapons”