Dual Longswords

Jaster

Dual Longswords

Post by Jaster »

Would it be unreasonable to be able to get 3 attacks with dual longswords? Two with the main, one with the off.
Isiaa

Re: Dual Longswords

Post by Isiaa »

Probably, considering length and weight. I mean, yes in theory you could but it should(as in, under the natural physical laws the process should lead to)cause a nasty balance loss.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

If you can only get one attack with each longsword, perhaps the "nasty balance loss" is coded in that way; only weapons that are very well balanced usually get more than one attack per round when you dual wield.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yeah, CLOK longswords are hand-and-a-half swords, they're going to be too unwieldly to get multistrikes when dual-wielding. Sorry.
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Soooo.. what about dual wielding a longsword and shortsword giving one strike with the longsword and two strikes with the shortsword? :)
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

If you want to go crazy flurry of swordy death style, you're going to have to wield two of the lighter swords (rapiers, shortswords, sabres).
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Oh, I already do. I just wanted to use a longsword because I bought some fancy ones. Lol.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Your guy already does some nasty moves with his greatsword or shortswords.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Yea. Really, a single longsword isn't a bad way to go. It's good for inflicting multiple bleeding wounds pretty quickly.

Return to “Weapons”