War Shout

Druidic warriors seeking perfection through physical prowess.
Deraxian

War Shout

Post by Deraxian »

I haven't ranked up enough to try any of the other shouts yet, but as far as War Shout goes... it feels a bit unfinished to me. As far as I can tell, there's no cost or penalty to using it. You can just spam it all day and not have any issues. In addition, you can even use it while under the effects of a roundtime.

The message that you get when it wears off implies that you're feeling timid or something of the sort, yet nothing really changes.

I hate to suggest this since it's a nerf, but I'm thinking something along these lines would be appropriate:

Unable to use during roundtime
Unable to use while already under the effects of War Shout (right now you can just spam it to refresh the timer)
Incur a small (1 or 3 second) roundtime
Have a small energy cost (I'd suggest somewhere between 5 to 15)
After it wears off, have a "Timid" effect on the character that prevents additional war shouts, lasting for 15 to 30 seconds.

In addition, perhaps it could have a demoralizing effect on hostiles in the room similar to Victory Rush.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Hmm, War Shout was the first "buff" ability coded up, I think, so it's possible I just got it to work and then moved on to other things, without thinking about something like an energy cost or other limitations. It is a sort of lackluster ability as it stands, anyway.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Dwaedn Wyr”