Some General Thoughts and Observations (maybe bugs?)

Druidic warriors seeking perfection through physical prowess.
Tenoji

Some General Thoughts and Observations (maybe bugs?)

Post by Tenoji »

I'm pretty new here, so I'm not sure what is and what isn't intended.

I've noticed it's possible to get: You move in toward <enemy> but are unable to get close enough. while using bullrush. It seems....thematically confusing for this ability not to be a gap-closer. Force an engaged position with the normal chance to miss the attack itself. I imagine things like tumble/flip would still be able to negate this. Considering that I was waiting for this ability as my means of dealing with ranged attackers it feels very unsatisfying that it's not the case.

Bear Claw. I have a hard time knowing how to feel about this ability. I almost don't want to say anything because I'm afraid it will change in a way I don't like. As it stands I wouldn't ask for it to change in functionality at all. It's super useful as a utility skill and fills a much needed niche, in my opinion. However, it started out as both dealing more damage and having added utility. Which made it an absolutely fantastic skill to use, and with it's increase stamina drain it politely asked not to be over-used. My standard bearpaw damage has slowly outpaced the damage of bear claw, relegating it to simply a utility skill. Which is fine. Until I acquired bullrush, which basically does the same thing but better. Less damage than bear claw, but stronger utility functionality. It begs the question from me, is bearclaw just not scaling properly? Or is this 100% intended progression.

Recognition points. Is there anything else to spend this on besides training? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love that I can spend these on training sessions. I'm just unsure if there is anything else I can spend it on. It feels like I have an absurd amount by this point if there is nothing else to spend it on. Maybe increase the amount training costs with recognition points? Or add some kind of consumable that can be purchases with recognition points. Maybe some Dwaedn Wyr unique item(s) that just cost a genuinely absurd amount. Like cry when you read the number high.
<Edit>Sidenote: I may have been premature in my assessment of Recognition points, as I'm chugging through them pretty hard at the moment. Pricing is probably spot on. Still would be cool to see a high-cost expense for them as well though. Something to strive for.

Also, I just want to say I'm really enjoying the guild so far. The lore and the playstyle fit together really well, and I see the potential for some super engaging and interesting RP. If nothing here changed, I still would be having a fantastic time. So, kudos. Really.
Last edited by Tenoji on Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sneaky

Re: Some General Thoughts and Observations (maybe bugs?)

Post by Sneaky »

Have you tried bear clawing from hiding? I'm not sure you can rush from stealth, but might be a difference you hadn't noticed before.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Tenoji

Re: Some General Thoughts and Observations (maybe bugs?)

Post by Tenoji »

Yeah I've tried it with both. Can't bullrush from stealth. Bear claw will still give the "You move in toward <enemy> but are unable to get close enough" message while stealthed, so it's better to attack, for the guaranteed engage, then follow up with a bear claw, which means it's better to just follow up with a bullrush.

Return to “Dwaedn Wyr”