War shout (and other melee buffs)

Druidic warriors seeking perfection through physical prowess.
Hakon

War shout (and other melee buffs)

Post by Hakon »

So, war shout and some other melee buffing abilities for the Dwaedn Wyr (fury, victory rush, hallowed burial buffs) can push melee over 2500, but it appears that it only adds to combat rolls up to as far as 2500 melee skill would. I don't know, but I assume this is how it would work for other percentage based buffs.

This makes the War Shout useless after a certain point of grind. Victory Rush and Hallowed Burial are still useful for their extra buffs of course, but half their appeal is lost at a certain amount of skill.

If this is all considered intentional, disregard I guess, but I think it would be cool to have abilities that don't cap off their usefulness if you have put in the time to grind this far.

My ideas about what to do about this:

Add an exception to the cap to allow buffed melee/dodge/anything else (from all guild abilities that give percentage based buffs to skills) to affect rolls.

Revamp the buffs of these abilities to do something other than percentage based buffs.
Jirato
DEV

Re: War shout (and other melee buffs)

Post by Jirato »

Not intentional, but I've been aware of it. It's a little tricky to fix with the way the skill cap is currently implemented.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

Alright! I will just be patient then :)
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

This has been adjusted so that your skill rolls should now exceed the 2500 point cap with enhancements, either via ability or item (the latter of which being extremely rare).

To avoid things being too broken, I implemented a ceiling for any skills that grant percentage-based bonuses. They all now cap out as if the user had 1000 base skill. That is to say, if something gave a 30% bonus, it now will give you 300 points maximum, even if you have over 1000 skill. I still feel this is very generous - back in the old days the thought of people having 1000+ combat skill was pretty crazy. Pretty much anything over 1000 is just icing on the cake.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

If it goes over cap it's generous imo! Thanks for the fixes et cetera.

Return to “Dwaedn Wyr”