curious about weapons.

Druidic warriors seeking perfection through physical prowess.
galon

curious about weapons.

Post by galon »

Hello.
I was just wondering why all the weapons in the Dwaedn shops are bronze? is there a particular reason? Is there a taboo aginst using other materials?
Also, as a side note I thik the mace from the Dwaedn shop does less damage than the iron one in mistral. Is this a siade affect of the type of material used in the making of the weapon?
Jirato
DEV

Re: curious about weapons.

Post by Jirato »

It's mostly due to regional resources and geographical location. If they were located closer to Mistral, they might see more iron.

Though I like to think another possible reason may be that the blacksmith prefers bronze over iron because it's a significantly harder material. Iron is more malleable and also more prone to rust. Bronze weapons are superior, but not as easily made. The reason why Iron beat the bronze age was availability and ease of use, not that it is necessarily superior.

Material should have no affect on damage, unless you're talking about some rare materials such as bloodglass. Next time I'm at the computer I'll examine the two maces and double check that they are the same, damage wise.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
galon

Post by galon »

Hello.
Well the one mace is spiked so you get crush plus peercing damage. the other is flanged so you sem to only get hacking damage and an occasional crush
One final question What is the dwaedn's srelationship with the Tse Gaiyon if any?.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

There's no official tie in between Tse Gaiyan and Dwaedn Wyr. There may be some minor interactions between them here and there, just because they run into eachother sometimes, but they are definitely two completely different and independant groups.

Yes, they both practice a form of druidry, but they're quite different. Tse Gaiyan is predominantly Fasa whereas the Dwaedn Wyr are predominantly Faewyr. Fasa druidry and Faewyr druidry are pretty much entirely different. The Fasa are more Gaea-centric, whereas the Faewyr are more about animal spirits. This doesn't necessarily mean there is no cross-over in their beliefs, but they are two separate groups.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
galon

Post by galon »

I thought as much from my reading. but just wanted that clarified since there really isn't much on the Faewyr
galon

Post by galon »

I assume also that traps are a No NO for Dwaedn. I had my guy sort of pictured ass a furier/trapper on the side for his professional work.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

From my conversations with the GMs, I learned that Faewyr culture is the more...diverse or one of the more diverse in the game. You can be pretty flexible background-wise. It certainly doesn't have as many demands as the Viali and Fasa cultures do, that's for sure. However, if you look in the Immortals page, there are a few things about what the Faewyr believe in that aspect.

I know this didn't have anything to do with the topic at hand, but thought I'd throw that in there since Galon mentioned the lack of information.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Dwaedn Wyr”