Dwaedn Wyr and ranged weapon usage?

Druidic warriors seeking perfection through physical prowess.
emanda

Dwaedn Wyr and ranged weapon usage?

Post by emanda »

Hello.
Having just created my Dwaedn Today so my Boyfriend would quit pestering me. :) I was wondering. Can the Dwaedn use ranged weapons? hurl weapon is a skill that is trainable by the trainers of this guild. what is everyone's thoughts? i wasn't sure if they would see ranged weapons as being cowardly.
Thanks for any feedback.
E
Hayl

Re: Dwaedn Wyr and ranged weapon usage?

Post by Hayl »

The Dwaedn believe in strength, courage, and cunning. They believe in learning from animals and adopting their techniques for their own use. They seek to be the strongest they can be with the aid of nature, and they fight for the challenge rather than any other reason.
There is no right or wrong answer to your question, though I personally don’t think Bjorn would approve of a Dwaedn running around using a musket.
Teek

Post by Teek »

I can see them making use of bows or maybe hurling spears. Primitive ranged weapons and such if they really felt the need to.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Direct combat is always best, hurl weapon is probably more of a backup. That towering beast that you've been fighting realized it bit off more than it can chew and tries to run away? Throw your axe at it! If you tried running around with a pack of throwing daggers/darts as your primary means of combat, you would most certainly be ridiculed back at the village and have people questioning you as one of the Dwaedn Wyr.

Crossbows and guns would definitely get you ridiculed and/or shunned. There's no honor in using a mechanical aid to do the work for you. Bows... I'm not so sure about, you'd probably still get funny looks and some minor ridicule, but it wouldn't be as taboo as using a gun probably.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Dwaedn Wyr”