GP question.

Druidic warriors seeking perfection through physical prowess.
Evelyn
Mentor

GP question.

Post by Evelyn »

Just wondering if I'm supposed to be getting guildpoints for EVERY successful hit on a challenging mob, because I do not seem to be?
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

It should be every successful strike on a challenging opponent, yes. Have you noticed a pattern as to when you're not getting guild points? The code all looks right, but it's pretty complex and I could be overlooking something.
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

We're trying to analyze it to see if there's any specific pattern.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Keep in mind that it doesn't work if the opponent is disabled and thus is providing no challenge. So if someone has sapped a bear and you attack it while it has 0 defense, you won't be getting guild points since there's no challenge.
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

So if Evelyn uses her Bear Claw thingy, it won't count towards guildpoints?
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

We just did a run, Kian got 68 gp in one run, I got 16 :/
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

That might be because some of the things you're battling are too easy for you, they could be disabled, or Kian could have landed significantly more hits. Hmm. I'll do some testing myself to make sure things are working correctly.

Anything to delay my work on things Rithiel wants done.
The lore compels me!
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

It's not an urgent thing, just seems off how he can get like 60 and I only get 16 per run. We fight things through the gate, agents, guards and brigands, everything else is too easy.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

The hounds are easier, and she was using the bear claw skill which lowers the opponent's defense due to knocking it prone. So we're going to do a test and log every hit (and gp per hit) just using her hammer or great sword.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

1.) I use aero volley
2.) You were using your bear claw attack every fight
3.) I get guildpoints for any infested, presumably because I can't get GP reliably off of ANY other mobs in the game.
Last edited by KianTheArcher on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Yeah, Dwaedn Wyr have it tougher in that they need to be hitting stuff that is challenging (not just its baseline, but its current state - so disabling something can cause you to not get guild points on follow-up hits while the target is disabled), but easier in that they don't need to go after a specific creature type (nethrim, infested).

Ideas for improvement are welcome. It's hard to stick with the "disabled opponents that have become too easy to hit don't net points" idea, since the Wyr herself could have done the disabling, but I don't want a novice Wyr to hang around some other powerful person who keeps disabling things to the Wyr can hit them and get easy guild points.

Although, as Kian said, Tse Gaiyan (both branches) and Templar get points for hitting targets of any skill level. Hmm. Maybe I'll just have it that Dwaedn Wyr get additional points for the challenging targets, rather than saying they get nothing without any challenge. Maybe. I shall brood over these things, and get Vorpal's input.
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

It'd be nice if they got extra GP for getting the killing blow on a difficult mob. The downside is that a killing blow isn't necessarily going to count, since it might be on a disabled mob.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Just did a run with using only my hammer, and I got five from fighting agents and brigands, are these to easy for me then? They do a lot of damage to me. >.>
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Oh, Rias. This means that Wolf's Cunning should be able to be toggled off and on, since it's detrimental to GP gains.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Yeah, I may make Wolf's Cunning an active ability, just so you can not use it when going for guild points, and then activate it in crazy situations like invasions or when creatures happen to swarm around you.

Evelyn, challenge is more determined on how hard it is for you to land a hit on them than how easily they can hit you or how much damage they do when they hit. You'll want to be going for things that have at least one defensive max (D, B or P) near or higher than your max attack (M).
The lore compels me!
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

I didn't mean to sound like I was having a moan, it's just a bit frustrating at times seeing how easy others can get GP. And it confused me a lot about the mob level hehe. I think I am understanding now.

Thanks for trying to help, you rock! :)
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

<.< I think we found a solution for this issue and for in theme Templar GP gain. I join/guard Evelyn and not attack just a meat shield who heals himself. Seems we both get a lot more GP then normally apart.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Okies, I've worked it out now. I am now gaining 30-40 per run at the robber camp. Which is awesome improvement. Thanks guys! <3

Return to “Dwaedn Wyr”