More penalties for Battlefury

Druidic warriors seeking perfection through physical prowess.
Laroremas

More penalties for Battlefury

Post by Laroremas »

I've been thinking about some ways to penalize the folks who are affected by this particular skill!

Already, you get the following:

- Tired
- Can't talk (which I love)
- Can't do certain stock emotes (no problem!)
- Can't use ESP
- Can't sit down/lay down
- Can't ride a horse

There's probably more. All in all, I like all of the restrictions, because they all make sense.

Here's one I've been contemplating: how about instead of clearly hearing people say words and stuff around you, apply a filter while battle fury'd to translate it instead into garbled nonsense? I imagine this would also work for the ESP network. Perhaps not every word could be garbled, maybe leaving the average sentence said by someone while you are under the affects of battle fury to look something like:
Someguy says, 'Gkaqeg qgeagga grandma's apple pie ariharka qegnaeig.'
For the most part, I pretend not to really understand what people say while my character is in battle fury anyway, because I assume my character is far too angry and looking for more necks to snap to even be able to begin to comprehend words spoken by other living, breathing things.

What are your thoughts?
Lysse

Re: More penalties for Battlefury

Post by Lysse »

Perhaps any sentences over a certain letter limit, and words over a certain letter limit, could get filtered out. So a Dwaedn under a battle fury could respond to "Stop!" or "No! Friend!" that sort of thing, but not "Hey, now stop that right this second, I'm not the bad guy here!".
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Cool idea, someone remind me to implement it sometime.
The lore compels me!
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

They should also automatically swing at anyone they notice sneaking up on them or if someone makes a loud noise. Or attacks them.
xavier

Post by xavier »

Hey Rias this is your reminder to implement the word limit to battle fury effected dwaedr wyr *duck*
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!

Return to “Dwaedn Wyr”