Ability Ideas.

Druidic warriors seeking perfection through physical prowess.
Vorpal

Ability Ideas.

Post by Vorpal »

More animal spirits to go along with Bear.

Bull: This spirit has brute force and high constitution.

Charge attacks. Charge in and impact stun. On high roll target is rammed to ground (Or in cramped areas into a wall then the ground) and takes concussive damage and stunned.

A skill that gives immunity to knockdown effects for a set time OR increased chance to resist knockdowns and no immunity along with an increase to damage reduction for both versions.

Wolf: This spirit has great expierence and wisdom.

If melee criticals are added to game. Using the wisdom of the Wolf spirit you are able to more easily locate the target's weak spots. Added chance to critial for a set time period.

Wolves hunt in packs. A skill that adds to the parties combat effectiveness the larger the group that is following the alpha dog (You).

Tracking. Monsters and other players. Maybe detection of who was in the room recently and which direction they went. Like a trail. Set time period to sense trail. Actually, this may be a good skill to give to Udemi instead. Hard not to mix the two when it comes to some skill ideas.

Jaguar/Panther: This spirit excels at the sneakier side of combat.

Better vision in low light situations.

Skill to add additional sneaking for a set time and perhaps added bonus to attack damage on first attack out of stealth when ability is active.

Hawk: This spirit very observant with its near perfect vision and memory.

A skill that allows you careful study of your oppenent and their attacks. Each attack made against you raises your defense by an amount as you learn their movements. Lasts a set amount of time and then the bonuses fade.

A farsight ability. Maybe vision through an actual hawk. Probably make this a perk somehow, maybe added into another skill. This may be better for Udemi also.

Those are just a few ideas I am playing with right now. Let me know what you think!

- T
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Side note: If the Hawk skill is too "defensive" (Though I think its cool) maybe alter it to add a small amount to attack which each swing you do instead (more on a total miss like a dodge). Or do both attack and defense ideas in one. There should be a cap and a time limit still.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Spirit of the Gorilla
This spirit is a beacon of strength and a master of tools.

Using raw force behind their weapons they release even greater devastation while enraged. The Dwaedn gains for a time the ability to use two, two handed melee weapons at the same time. Instead of gaining only one strike each the Dwaedn have a chance to use up to four attacks depending on their two weapon combat skill. While calling upon this spirit, melee attacks three times as tiring per swing.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

BTW crit does not need to be added in. Just a chance at an extra attack for that round aka a attack proc.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Legs of the Toad
Evelyn crouches down as close to the ground as she can get before leaping up a path
Evelyn crouches down as close to the ground as she can before leaping into the air and over a gray wolf, landing behind it and striking out.

The Legs of the Toad is a technique practiced by the Dwaedn Wyr, who study animal lore intently, wishing to emulate the best aspects of animals in combat. This technique allows a Dwaedn Wyr to emulate the sturdy and swift toads and frogs by coiling their legs underneath them, and gathering energy in them before springing into the air, able to leap great distances.

This ability has two uses. First is the utility of being able to leap distances that normally would require a person to climb otherwise.

Secondly, during battle it can be used to leap over a foe and deliver an attack to their back, catching them off guard. This would lower their defenses as if the creature had been flanked.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

OK.But legs of the toad would not strike abdomen torso etc and due to the speed required to pull it off successfully would reduce accuracy.(A small penalty to striking chance.)The strength required would be great for anyone who isn't trained well and even then it would still be draining.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Unyielding Blow
While enraged the blows of the Dwaedn are not stopped by the body of their original target. Up to (guild rank/2) additional targets can be struck for up to a quarter the damage of the original target suffered. This can only be used while wielding a single two handed weapon.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Nifty ideas guys!
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Kanis

Post by Kanis »

I was thinking about the write up and how it suggests that some do not like armor so I came up with something along the lines of:

Tough hide
By watching and mimicking the mighty rhinos of the plains the Dwaedn Warriors have learned over time to toughing their own hides giving them more resistance while in battle.

This would give them the equivalent to leather/brigandine armor while not wearing any but would not have any affect if armor was worn.

Also thought of something along the lines of:

War paint
Through countless rituals the Dwaedn Warrior has learned how to enhance their bodies through ceremonial war paint. When apply the paint the warrior must choose for himself what traditions he will carry into battle that day.

Red: increase of critical hits (if implemented) increase in general combat
Yellow: increase in speed
Blue: decrease in fatigue and hunger
Health: increase in the bodies natural immunities, decreases severity of hits

Of course we would need something to apply for the paint  and it should probably only last while we are in game. Those were just a few ideas off the top of my head. I figure some of the bonus stuff needs to be recalculated and other things might fit in better so that it doesn’t overlap other skills.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Colours from herbs.Also which colours is health?Green?Black?
Kanis

Post by Kanis »

Oh whoops missed that. I would figure green would be good but it could be anything.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Good idears. We'll see what Vorpal (the Dwaedn Wyr honcho) thinks.
The lore compels me!
Toukoilija

Post by Toukoilija »

Stance of a Snake
Type: Melee attack
Concept:
The Dwaedn Wyr assumes a stance of a striking cobra, tensing and slowly leaning backwards in preparation, keeping the enemy in front of hirself and fixed in a piercing gaze. Then, as the moment comes, the warrior swoops forward, in a single lightning-fast and inhumanly accurate blow aimed at the weakest point in the foe's defense, causing a severe, bleeding and often crippling wound.
Last edited by Toukoilija on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyromancer Ameris the Amicable Applier of Pure Fiery Fooz

Return to “Dwaedn Wyr”