New Ability: Hallowed Burial

Druidic warriors seeking perfection through physical prowess.
Rias
Lore Hermit

New Ability: Hallowed Burial

Post by Rias »

It's been in game for a while but wasn't polished to a really useful state until now. Behold!

http://wiki.contrarium.net/index.php/Hallowed_Burial
The lore compels me!
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Wooot! Thank you! I can't wait to try it out! :D
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Also, expect this to be continually tweaked and added to for more types of creatures.
The lore compels me!
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

Verra verra nize!
Elma exclaims, "Let a woman rest, burn you!"
Elma hurls a bolt of flame at a limping infested merchant. Fireball hits the eyeball, vaporizing it and much more.
Note: Don't bother Elma while she's resting.
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

Woooo! I just have to make Niftyest get another promotion.
I'm a thief, it's what I do.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

I am loving this ability. But I think you shouldn't be able to do it whilst mounted, being you kneel down and all. Not sure if you were aware. :)
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Good call. Fixed.
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

It might be a nice addition to Boar's Blessing if it gave a resistance to environmental factors such as extreme cold.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: New Ability: Hallowed Burial

Post by Rias »

A slight generalized bonus has been added to Hallowed Burial, if the target was considered a fair combat challenge for the Dwaedn Wyr. I'll let you all see if you can figure it out.
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

Ideas for animals that don't give special blessings yet.

Hare: Perception, sometimes decreased travel time
Horse: Increased carry weight for encumbrance and sometimes decreased travel time (we need a totem, there are no horses to regularly fight and honor)
Turkey: Fearlessness
Owl, Roc: Perception, and marksmanship because they have to judge their swoops and high speed strikes. Good for using hurled weapons for us!
Pheasant: Perception and dodge?
Badger: Occasional Hasted strikes like Serpent, but a little more often and no dodge like serpent
Crocodile: Thick skin like boar, swimming, increased bite attack for those of us who bite!
Salamander: Super Swimming so we can cross rivers and make hard swim challenges. Slight regeneration? FIRE BREATH? (Probably not.)
Drakolin: Super strength, super thick skin, increased carry weight, fearlessness, and it should last a really really long time unlike the other blessings, because how often do you fight a drakolin, and you have to sacrifice skinning the very valuable scales to honor it.

Can't think of things for:
Deer
Skunk (unless we can think of something good for being smelly)
beaver
prairie dog

Also I think Kian's idea for resistance to environmental cold for several animal blessings would be great! I want to be able to keep walking around in nothing but pants in the winter.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

What about a skunk?
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

jilliana wrote:What about a skunk?
Skunk could be a bonus to staying out of engage, position, or escaping it.

Deer would probably be perception and dodge.

Beaver: logging and carpentry!

Prairie dog:dunno.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

A special totem could give this effect when you honor it, a totem in the Longhouse that represents several animals in one as well as a human on it.

Wild Walker: Aggressive wild animals are passive to you. Infested and domesticated or trained ones might not count. If you break the peace before the effect runs out by attacking an animal, you get the Spirit Apathy for an hour so you can't use your Animal Spirit abilities or Hallowed Burial. Also a curse effect that makes even normally passive animals aggressive to you. And keep track of it so that if you do break the peace often, you get put on probation or even kicked out of the Dwaedn Wyr for not respecting your pacts with the Animal Spirits.

This would be nice for RP, for diplomatic or investigative action in areas with aggressive wild beasts, and for RPing going to peacefully coexist and commune with the animals and Animal Spirits once in a while.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Skunk: Chance for NPCs to flee the room when you enter.
The lore compels me!
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

I was thinking of more ideas for animal blessings today. Before I write it all down though, is there any desire to make more of them, or are we just sticking to what we have now and no more?
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I'd be glad to make more of them. But keep in mind it's for honoring a foe that was brought down in respectful, honorable, challenging, combat. So blessings for stuff like hares that are completely defenseless wouldn't really apply. It has to be something that was actually challenge to the Dwaedn fighting it.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

I thought they could also come from the totems in Dwaedn Vil, for animals that could be respected for things other than their offense. Hares and their speed for instance. Turkeys and their fearlessness. I got this impression from the line on the wiki:

A Dwaedn warrior is almost certainly prideful, and this is not discouraged. However, should this pride cause a warrior to regard himself as superior to and above the beasts he fights, he will soon be humbled, for always will even the meekest of beasts have something to teach the mightiest man, if the man has the wisdom and humility to see it.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Slaidh wrote:I thought they could also come from the totems in Dwaedn Vil, for animals that could be respected for things other than their offense. Hares and their speed for instance. Turkeys and their fearlessness. I got this impression from the line on the wiki:

A Dwaedn warrior is almost certainly prideful, and this is not discouraged. However, should this pride cause a warrior to regard himself as superior to and above the beasts he fights, he will soon be humbled, for always will even the meekest of beasts have something to teach the mightiest man, if the man has the wisdom and humility to see it.
Good point. I totally understand that.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

I could just see Bjorn giving an over prideful warrior a special trial to humble him. He puts him in an arena to face a great foe. The suspense is high as everyone watches a large cage dragged out, and opened up to reveal: a hare. The warrior thinks it's a joke, but Bjorn tells him to get on with it. The next 10 minutes is spent listening to everyone laugh at and ridicule the warrior as he unsuccessfully tries to kill the hare, but he can't even catch it. When the warrior finally admits defeat and is humbled, Bjorn considers the trial complete and the warrior gains a new respect for even the Animal Spirits that aren't large and mighty.

I think I'm going to make that a story Slaidh tells! Without using Bjorn's name since it isn't canon.

Return to “Dwaedn Wyr”