The Whispering Forest

Noctere
Coder

The Whispering Forest

Post by Noctere »

A few travelers coming into Shadgard recently reported a strange dark forest located next to the road northwest of the Elemancer's University. They met briefly in Town Hall to give their report. The more burly of the two reported, "The place was... well, it was really spooky! It was full of them gnarled dark yew trees. There were four of us ya see and ol' Joe just had to go in and take a look. We all waited for 'um to come back to the road, but we never saw him again. Jimlo, he went in nex' to look for 'um, but when he went in, he too never came back either! The place is cursed I tell ya, CURSED!"

All citizens traveling in the area are encouraged to avoid entering that forest and use caution when passing by on the road.

********OOC**********
The Whispering Forest features:

- A new hunting area.
- Includes 3 levels of difficulty.
- New experimental maze mechanics. (Be careful of tricky spirits.)
- The Rook Parlour has an additional new headquarters hidden deep within the forest.
- Sorcerers who manage to find their way through will be gain access to new services and items.
- Items sold in the new Sorcerer location will give members a quick way to return through the forest. (When the item is worn.)
- The new items will also effect how the denizens of the forest will react to you.
It's not easy being evil...
Arphaxad

Post by Arphaxad »

This is a great new area with a lot of small details that bring it to life. It is well worth the trip to explore and to see all the little things that make the area special. Great for the Rook Parlour and great for anyone else brave enough to visit or otherwise be lured there. Not for the faint of heart!

Kudos Noctere!

Arphaxad
[OOC - Ramses the Wise]: Don't make me stop the world again.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I shall have to visit it soon. I look forward to exploring the rumors.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I got a chance to look around this area, and wanted to say it was a lot of fun to explore. I loved all of the details, and the little touches here and there. I can't wait to see what sort of expansions might be in store for it.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Orris

Re: The Whispering Forest

Post by Orris »

This area is cool! It's really fun to explore. One thing I thought would be a nice addition for atmosphere is that if ESP didn't work while you were in there, or that it only worked sometimes and the thoughts could be faded or only partially get through. I don't know if that works with the lore of the forest but it did lighten the mood when I could just talk to people on ESP easily while deep in the creepy forest while hearing whispers and things. It would be even creepier if outside communication was cut off or hindered!

Return to “Hunting Areas”