Ebon Pass Treasure Hunters

Jirato
DEV

Ebon Pass Treasure Hunters

Post by Jirato »

The bandits of Ebon Pass have finally been driven from their fortress or killed. The scourge of timber wolves have been culled. Now the great hunt for treasure has begun in the remains of a once great fortress now laying in blood-spattered ruins.

It is unclear if the rumors of bandit treasure are true, but it seems several desperate scavengers will do all they can to get their hands on it. Will these scavengers become the next great threat to Ebon Pass and does some great treasure hoard rest somewhere in the ruins?

(Please enjoy a new hunting ground which has been the focus of a lot of gm hours over the last couple weeks. Special thanks to Vestyn and Hayl for project management and oversight, Lassyn for critter construction, and Uyoku who did a wonderful job with the new descriptions. This new training area is the result of IC actions by a large group of players; CLOK is truly your world, and we hope you'll enjoy seeing the fruits of your labor. As always, if there are any problems, please let us know.)
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dorn

Re: Ebon Pass Treasure Hunters

Post by Dorn »

Just going to say, I love the fact an old area that may have "died" in terms of storyline is being used for more mobs. It's a simple thing, but in terms of grinding and exploring the game it makes a huge difference.

There's quite a few areas in the game that I really wish people had more reasons to go to/explore or a little shock when they did. The Bandit Fort for me when I first started was always one of those *GASP GO THERE? YOU CANT* sort of places, so it would have been hugely saddening to me to just see it disappear into the mists of time with the absence of any sort of mob at all.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Lassyn

Post by Lassyn »

That was the thought, along with trying to get some new perception training going. I'm glad people seem to like it.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Having explored it in character, I really do enjoy it myself, however one thing I noticed that might need to be adjusted is that the mobs seem to be completely human, yet have no fear of death and therefore do not run when hurt as most other human mobs do.
Just a suggestion, don't know how hard it will be to actually change, but I think it would make sense.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I've been using this area a lot recently, and...

Wow. It's really a shining gem. The NPCs are varied and are exactly what the game needed, filling several gaps in training. The room descriptions are vivid, and when you actually look at the NPCs you just get this strong feeling of desperation from them. I really get the feeling that they're doing whatever they can to survive, which is what I always imagined trying to live in Aetgard was like.

Amazing.

Return to “Hunting Areas”