The Concord

Dorn

The Concord

Post by Dorn »

I don't suppose it would be possible for an alternative method of getting below/above deck on the Concord beyond a steel ladder/stairs...
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Kunren

Re: The Concord

Post by Kunren »

Dorn wrote:I don't suppose it would be possible for an alternative method of getting below/above deck on the Concord beyond a steel ladder/stairs...
Lol I found this out personally shortly after its comeback.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Surprised me! I know some areas are not meant for everyone, and some places it makes so much sense such as the steel door at Thaelsh so I have to slip in the back way... but on the Concord it just seems cruel!
~Dorn
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Ah yes... those stairs certainly burn
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I'd pay to see this. I really would. Anything for amusement...
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

You should see Dorn try and knock on a certain door.

I hate forgetting sometimes, he'll try and go down stairs... or maybe pick a box up...
~Dorn
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Dorn wrote:You should see Dorn try and knock on a certain door.

I hate forgetting sometimes, he'll try and go down stairs... or maybe pick a box up...
I love when they forget and want to see a piece of jewelry. "Of course I'll let you see it!"
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Really need to use a trigger and replace steel/iron with the large letters NO in Red.

You see a NO ramp downwards...
~Dorn
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Hmm...I wondered long it has been like that? Since the beginning?

We probably didn't have checks in the climb verb back then...
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I love it when I reach into someone's bag and pull out a steel lockpick. So disappointing. Thief traps...
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Steel lockpicks = teh l33t
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Off-topic, but same zone - would it be possible to have the Concord make a return to Tarueka? I'm not sure what the current reason is for its disappearance as it's steamed off several times now, but it was great for filling in training gaps and would help add variety to tasks.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

I'd like to see it back, if only because I never got to explore it on Dakhal due to his tainted nature. The place is a complete mystery to me.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

+1 to its return!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I believe Sersi and the Ebon Pass Bandits stole it and high-tailed out of town when the Rabble came in and took over. I'd like to see this back as well. But I'm always torn between "There are IC reasons why this is no longer available" and "This was a cool and much needed hunting area for that level range." People need places to hunt infested that are indoors with the colder weather upon us, Concord fit that well.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Well, Jirato, it doesn't need to be the Concord. Mind that ships tend to be designed in similar styles and it shouldn't be unrealistic to see one in similar design to the Concord. You could just as easily have a ship ending up wrecked there, use the map from the Concord and tweak some descriptions and change the name. Viola, you have your gap filled and we happily have the "Concord" back whilst Sersi and the Ebon Bandits are still applicable for something in the future. There's a whole coast that they could show up at in the future, so the shipwreck at it's old location wouldn't even be a problem, if you chose to go that route. It would certainly be in line with the rest of that zone's 'ruined' nature.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I could definitely see this as a draw to bring more people to the coastline. Remember that the quarantine is still heavily in effect, and it wouldn't be far fetched that sersi and her gang were shot upon and had to make a fast break back to the Lost Lands, their ship crashing on the shoreline! It's introduction into the game could have a small ESP shoutout of their not-so-valiant return and also give reason to reimplement the Ebon Pass Bandits, but in a new location. Since those mobs are pretty high tier, you could place them elsewhere because who would make a fort out of a crashed ship, and the newly abandoned ship, with the residual spores on the ship bringing infested back to it, would reimplement or introduce similar mobs or a new tier of mobs within it.

Some new updates to show it's now no longer sea-worthy, would be neat.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Aside from this being available again, I also converted the steel ladder and stairs to bronze, and released it for guild task availability.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Thanks for your hard work and for reimplementing this rage inducing area! 3 cheers for our supreme overlords!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Oh damn! Thanks so much Jirato. This place has always eluded me due to that. Be nice to poke around at some point.
~Dorn
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Thanks. I'm happy to see it return even if I rarely go there if at all! :)

Return to “Hunting Areas”