Gaslight Swamp

Elystole

Gaslight Swamp

Post by Elystole »

I just started exploring this area, and I'm having a blast. A bunch of critters at my skill level that are skinnable and eatable! But I've noticed that the number of pelts/skins provided seems a bit low.

The banded green bog serpent is great. It's a 10' long snake that gives you five skins and eight pieces of meat.
The giant bat's body is over a foot long, but it only provides one pelt and two pieces of meat. Maybe a foot long isn't that large.
The giant salamander is over six feet long, but it also only provides one pelt.
I haven't had the opportunity to kill/skin the other denizens.

Overall, this is a fun place and definitely somewhere that I want to bring a group to. I don't think I've even seen half of it yet.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Kiyaani

Re: Gaslight Swamp

Post by Kiyaani »

Groups don't really work well there, unfortunately.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Does its special mechanic force groups apart? I figured you'd still stay together so long as you could see each other.
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Yep
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

It's probably reasonable that the bat provides so little. There's not much in the way of food or usable skin on a bat, even on one of that size.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

I noticed a few other things odd about the area, but I won't talk about them here lest I spoil something. Instead I filed bug reports: 11106, 11107, and 11108.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Groups getting broken by movement in the swamp off the main road is a bug, actually. One that's way more complex to fix than it should be, so that's why it's still a "feature" at the moment.
The lore compels me!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

The occupants of the inner area should move around again.
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Rias wrote:Groups getting broken by movement in the swamp off the main road is a bug, actually. One that's way more complex to fix than it should be, so that's why it's still a "feature" at the moment.
Holy crap, that's a bug?

....Can we keep it? It makes that area infinitely more interesting, and makes it more mysterious.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Fayne wrote:
Rias wrote:Groups getting broken by movement in the swamp off the main road is a bug, actually. One that's way more complex to fix than it should be, so that's why it's still a "feature" at the moment.
Holy crap, that's a bug?

....Can we keep it? It makes that area infinitely more interesting, and makes it more mysterious.
I'm opposed to this. I don't like a mechanic that doesn't allow for groups to stay together.

This would present a particular problem should there be an event in that area in the future or something urgent is happening to where two or more people need to stay together.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

But you don't realize how useful it is until you get stuck in an infinite loop in there like I have before. I was once stuck going between the same two rooms, bo matter which way I went, it always led me to the same place. I managed to get out by joining and trying to follow someone else. I guess it reset something, and my infinite loop was broken.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Fayne wrote:But you don't realize how useful it is until you get stuck in an infinite loop in there like I have before. I was once stuck going between the same two rooms, bo matter which way I went, it always led me to the same place. I managed to get out by joining and trying to follow someone else. I guess it reset something, and my infinite loop was broken.
You got stuck in an infinite loop because you haven't yet figured out how the area works. Judging by the ESP chatter the other day, most people haven't figured it out yet, but it isn't a bug.

The other day Elystole ran into the swamp to conduct a rescue mission. Being able to lead a proper group would have greatly facilitated that, and it allows for people to serve as guides - which is right up his alley.

So I'll happily wait for that bug fix.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

No, I wasn't trying to imply that getting trapped in there was a bug. I'm saying the group bug helped me to get out of the mess.

Return to “Hunting Areas”