Caulder's Mill and the cold

Acarin

Caulder's Mill and the cold

Post by Acarin »

Whenever it becomes cold or freezing, the grizzlies and badgers in Caulders Mill have a decreased spawn rate and gravitate towards indoors. I realize that this is because they are infested (and in some ways it makes sense), but this essentially makes it very difficult to use this hunting ground during a good portion of the year. If this happened in tarueka to the same degree, it would be a huge problem for new player hunting.

I'm not sure why it occurs in caulder's mill but other infested remain fairly unphased (I may be wrong about this but have had less experience with other cold areas containing infested).

My issue is that we are limited in our time out because of the cold and with the reduced spawn rate, it makes it impossible to reliably use these hunting grounds for a good portion of the year.

The grizzlies would likely be hibernating (I wouldn't like to see this at all) but I guess we can assume they're still active because of the infestation. That being said, they have a rather nice coat on them that would keep them more insulated against the cold than any human infested. Badgers are furry too! Any chance we can get them to spawn at normal rates during cold/freezing weather, even if they only spawn in the buildings there?

There are a rather limited number of hunting areas at each skill level, particularly when nethrim are out of the question. It would be nice to be able to use them year around (at least until a lot more hunting areas become available.

Thanks for any consideration you give this. I'd love to be able to hunt there as Zuki again.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Caulder's Mill and the cold

Post by Rias »

Vinnie and I have been working on stuff to alleviate this. We're working on more indoor places for infested to huddle into during the winter where it gets particularly cold, as well as alternative areas to hunt in the warmer climates to the west.

The cold should affect any infested regardless of what area it is. If the area's cold at the moment, any infested will be inactive (not present) or, if possible, stay indoors.
The lore compels me!
Acarin

Re: Caulder's Mill and the cold

Post by Acarin »

Rias wrote:Vinnie and I have been working on stuff to alleviate this. We're working on more indoor places for infested to huddle into during the winter where it gets particularly cold, as well as alternative areas to hunt in the warmer climates to the west.

The cold should affect any infested regardless of what area it is. If the area's cold at the moment, any infested will be inactive (not present) or, if possible, stay indoors.
I'm glad to hear that it's being worked on and I like the idea. But until other options are available, would it be possible to disable this mechanic? I see them indoors sometimes but they seem to spawn extremely slowly.

Return to “Hunting Areas”