Portals

Nootau

Portals

Post by Nootau »

No details on the portals to different lands?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

They'll be removed when wilderness is expanded (my current project) and you can travel to the actual areas.

Or did you want some historical background/design purpose?
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Details, where are they really, what is going on there storywise and the like
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Caldwell has a good amount of storyline and purpose behind it, as can be guessed by whole "eternal winter, glacier-engulfed, revenant-inhabited ghost city" thing. I have more areas planned around it to be released in the future. The background history will be revealed through events and new area expansions around it, as well as clues that will be placed around those areas for explorers to find and piece together on their own (I've always enjoyed that aspect of exploring in games).

Geographically, Caldwell is at the foot of the only mountain pass in the entire Spine mountain range which bisects the continent. That pass is now blocked by the glacier, and that combined with Grum's Great Wall to the south prevents any travel between the two sides of the continent. Which is how Grum (and much of the rest of the East) prefers it, as they consider the West quarantined due to the relatively-recent plague, the resen infestations, and the abundance of nethrim on that half of the continent.

The West has got some problems that the East would rather not have creeping over to their half of the world.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Oh, and as for the River Caverns, it was just a neat area I had in mind, with what I thought was a cool ecosystem and interesting creatures.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Caldwell.. Bug? Intent?

A snow shade gestures.
Snow creeps up from the ground under you.
CR: 91 vs TR: 0 = 91
The snow around your lower body condenses and freezes, rooting you in place!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

What's questionable about that?
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Should the rooting effect look like that?

CR: 91 vs TR: 0 = 91?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

It's an old-style spell, but working as intended. Until we decide to update it.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Hunting Areas”