Robber Camp near Shadgard

Makkah

Robber Camp near Shadgard

Post by Makkah »

...has packed it up and moved. Now all that is left is an abandoned camp.

Found this interesting enough after an earlier hunt there. Was enjoying slaying a few rogues and brigands when an alarming horn blew in the area. The place was soon overrun by rogues, brigands, and mercenaries who were able to slay me and some companions (a few times).

Upon returning, the camp disappeared. They apparently have moved on to better targets.
Skjotur

Re: Robber Camp near Shadgard

Post by Skjotur »

Hopefully they move near the Coalition HQ where the roads are filled with wagons of imported goods just waiting to be looted.
Orris

Post by Orris »

It has turned up again!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Would it be possible to get rid of the fleeing mechanic on these guys? They keep running off with all my bullets in them.
sona

Post by sona »

Lun wrote:Would it be possible to get rid of the fleeing mechanic on these guys? They keep running off with all my bullets in them.
I understand why you'd want this, but I can also entirely understand wanting to run off, if I was riddled with bullets. I think loss of ammo is just an expected thing to take into account when using ranged weapons like bows or guns. Though, if it's not a kick stealth in the face area, I think you should have a chance to sneak about and finish off the target, and retrieve the bullets/ammo.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

It's not that they just flee, it's that the mobs disappear entirely. The mechanic for them was changed for some reason when it was re-implemented and now unless you get lucky you never get a corpse there. This makes it bad not only for ammo retrieval but for things like harvesting soul shreds or any stray tasks that still send you there.
sona

Post by sona »

That's fair. Straight up disappearing is pretty bogus.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Unless there has been a very recent change, they flee and then you have a few seconds to move into the same room as them before they disappear. By few I mean 5secish. If you just sit in a room battling, you probably won't kill any no.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I was BARRAGEing a rogue and it vanished mid-combat with "Has left to go find healing" for some reason. Maybe it was a bug.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Yeah that I've never seen. Either a bug or a new change. They always used to just move out of the room via proper disengagement when I hunted there. They'd only disappear if you weren't in the room with them.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

I've seen them do it, if you're in the room that they run to when they try to despawn.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Stinkin robbers and their sense of self-preservation!
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Lun wrote:Would it be possible to get rid of the fleeing mechanic on these guys? They keep running off with all my bullets in them.
Yeah, when they run off with 1 riln @ bullets, that bites. Also when they run off with my masterful dagger lodged in them, that's kinda bad, too.

They should have the good sense to "dislodge some ammo that was lodged in them"; that would make running off easier and less painful for them. (<------ suggestion).

Another suggestion, one I know won't be granted, is to be able to join the bandit and follow him to his hidden infirmary. Not to kill anyone there but to get a bandage or two for myself.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

Maybe don't throw weapons you're not willing to lose? s to their infirmary, considering you're not part of or friendly with them, why should they heal you so you can go back to killing them?
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Maker
(For those who can't see the image, it's the Dos Equis guy meme and reads "I don't always buy bandages, but when I do, I buy at the secret bandit infirmary.")
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

Going to miss that guy.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Can this place be looked into again? I'm not sure if there were any changes made since the last post, but it seems the mobs still flee to "seek medical attention" at around moderate damage and they take any ammo or weapons lodged in them with them when they poof. Making it so they no longer flee would help make this zone once again viable for tasks and general training.

It also appears that the mobs which used to attack from hiding are no longer spawning. I realize this may be intentional, but I believe they added to the zone and since there are several other perception-training areas now, don't see why they cannot be added back in so long as restrictions on gains are set.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

In the very least, is a concern that they can flat out leave with a weapon lodged in them. I've lost a nice stiletto in the past to something similar. The current mechanics of this area highly discourage the use of hurling weapons, so I'm sorry if that's your primary method of fighting- your pilums will be missed.

I can't defend the loss of general ammunition, as it's all very easy to come by, and you don't even need to spend riln for arrows. Lucky archers.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Regarding ammunition - it's not so much about the riln. Some people don't like to be weighed down by extra arrows/shot/powder which means they bring only what they need to handle a mob or two and then collect it back up each time. It's more a matter of maintaining a playstyle than worrying about losing cheap ammunition. But the important thing is - yes, people have lost much more valuable things, but they probably shouldn't have to lose anything regardless of the item's worth.

I think we can both agree that either way the zone's mobs are worth evaluation even if the mechanic isn't changed, but right now it seems the zone is never used because of this mechanic.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Dunno. I use it pretty frequently on multiple characters, it's a good zone. It has it's drawbacks, but it can be profitable for the time spent in it. If a person's mindset is that they only carry so much to avoid encumbrance penalties (we're talking strictly ammo for archers/gunners/crossbowmen) then they should be prepared for a time they need to restock, as it happens naturally with ammo streaking into the distance.

Also, anybody grinding firearms is going to be carrying no less than 10 powderhorns and 100 shots, because it will take you that many per lesson. This isn't an exaggeration.
I lead a Life of Sin.

Return to “Hunting Areas”